two

Grace climbed out of the uber parked in front of a tall apartment building, she pulled her belongings out and payed, eagerly rushing into the creme painted corridors. She began to drag her bags and box up the steep stairway realising the lift was broken. Why today?! She thought struggling up the slightly creaking steps. Luckily, her apartment was number 27 so she only had to climb 3 flights of these stairs.

Eventually reaching her apartment, she opened the door to a furnished living room that connected to her kitchen and dining room area. She placed her things down on the couch and started to look around. She was immediately drawn to the iron laced balcony, it was decorated with all sorts of African daisies, roses and other captivating flowers that Grace had never seen before. Exploring the rest of the apartment, Grace found a large bedroom with a desk for her setup, there was also a bathroom and study.  

After unpacking all her things, the time had come to around 2am, Grace was used to being up at this time filming for youtube so wasn't too bothered. Grace sighed as she opened up her computer to edit her recently filmed video. All she wanted to do was relax after her busy moving day, but editing always seemed to prevent her from that. 

About an hour into editing she heard loud music coming from above her. Great, grace thought, loud neighbours. The stressed and somewhat tired girl walked up to the loud apartment and knocked, not expecting anyone to hear. Surprisingly, someone opened the door. The 'someone' was a short young man, with slightly curled blonde hair that looked slightly tipsy. She couldn't lie, he was cute. 

"Hello?" the boy said, snapping her out of her daydream, in a sweet londoners accent.

"yeah hi," Grace replied shyly, she was no good at social interaction.

"can i help you?" he raised an eyebrow.

"well i was wondering if you could um turn the music down a little, i sound so fucking boring sorry", she chuckled nervously "i'm just trying to work" Grace was expecting a negative response like go away or fuck off but the boy smiled understandingly.

"oh yeah i'm sorry about that my mates are dickheads" he rubbed his neck awkwardly and chuckled. The boy shouted to one of his mates behind him and the volume slightly decreased.

 "its okay, i'm right below you so i can hear pretty much everything so"

"ohhh, you must be the new neighbour"

Interrupting, i heard a strong northern voice call out "George! what's taking you so long! who the fuck is at the door mate?"

George, what a nice name, Grace thought.

"COMING!" George shouted back "sorry you haven't got the nicest welcome, but i'm sure i'll see you around..." he shrugged.

"the name's Grace" she smiled.

"George" he smiled back " see you around Grace"  

-------

A/N: hey guyssss sorry this is so short i'm not too good at writing so im not sure how long chapters are gonna be.Im planning to write chapters in first person too and others in third so let me know what you prefer