twenty five

george's pov

i sat on the couch with my head in my hands, will was in my room waiting for alex to wake up. 

all i could think of was the fact i could've seriously fucked alex's recovery. it was basically my fault he had the accident in the first place and now i'm making it even worse. if he doesn't wake up with his memories, he probably wont get them back again

 and it would be all my fault.

the thoughts of damaging alex even brought a tear down my face. it was never easy for me to cry but right now it was all i felt like doing. i want my best friend back

i heard will rush into the room, "he's waking up!" he whisper-shouted.

i got up immediately, what if he didn't remember anything?  what if he hated me? what if- 

i opened the door to see alex sitting up in bed. i sat down at the end hesitantly, not knowing what his reaction to me would be. will left, not wanting to intrude. 

"alright dickhead?" alex chuckled sadly

"you remember...?" 

"remember what?  you punching me or the rest of my life?" he frowned a little. i stayed silent, not knowing if he hated me "dude its all good" he smiled "i remember everything, in fact i think the hit helped somehow"  

i looked at him confusedly "that's good...?" i didn't know what to say, i thought he would be pissed

"stop looking so sad" he reached over and nudged me playfully

"i thought you would be annoyed at me or some shit.."

"oh i am" he grinned "but you're my best mate and i get why you did it" i smiled back at him "but you need to accept that i'm dating grace okay?"

 i looked down sadly and nodded "yeah course, if you're both happy what can i do"

grace's pov

it had been a couple of hours since i had been forced out of the boys' apartment and i've had no texts or calls from alex. so i decide it's time to find out whats going on up there.

i grab my bag and head up to their apartment

knock knock

the door is opened by will, which is slightly weird, i didn't know they were expecting guests.

"hey grace!" he greeted me with an unconvincing smile.

i barged in, not meaning to be rude but i wanted to know what the hell was going on "where's alex and george?" 

"oh they're in george's room," he hesitated "but i think they just want to be left alone right now so-" 

i had already started walking to the room and reached out to the door handle when will slipped in front of me. "i was actually hoping we could chat!" i raised an eyebrow at him "you knoww about... life! one geordie to another" he grabbed my arm and pulled me back over to the couch. 

"righttt" i nodded and sat down suspiciously.

will's pov (this is new woah)

"yeah... you can talk to them after! but i haven't seen you in ages. how's it been? whats new?" i shuffled in my seat. i don't think grace would like it if she found out about what happened between george and alex today so i forced a conversation.

"it's been alright actually, if you didnt know, i'm dating alex now" she smiled

holy shit, that's why george punched alex. he obviously still likes her and alex knew that too, so why would he even date her? if i was in george's shoes i would've probably punched alex too.