twenty one

A/N: IM FINALLY BACK BITCHESSSSS

Grace's POV

we were in the car on the way  to see some movie tess wanted to see, i dont even know why she was here, it was OUR movie night. the rest of us were hyped to see the new star wars but she had to disagree so of course george disagreed aswell.

speaking of george, i couldn't stop thinking about how i kissed him. he's in a fucking relationship and i kissed him, which makes me a bitch. i mean he was obviously uncomfortable with it. im so stupid but i really like him.

 i guess alex should be my main priority at the moment anyway, because of his accident. that's why i sat with him INSTEAD of george in the car, i was just going to focus on my best friend instead of my crush. i turned my head towards alex and smiled, or for once i didn't care if i seemed distant, i just couldn't face george and tess, who were most likely kissing in the backseat. alex smiled back but could tell i was sort of uneasy.

we arrived at the cinema and sat in our screening. we had brought all sorts of popcorn and snacks with us to avoid the extreme prices of the building. we sat down; tess and george, then fraser and james, will and me, and then alex.

the movie began and we all watched absently, everyone was already bored except tess.

"this movie is amazing" tess squealed to george, who was half asleep.

 "yeah yeah its great babe" he smiled, half heartedly. how could he be happy with her? i just didn't get it. either way i had to move on.

alex had realised i had been looking over at george and tess for a while now and nudged me, "you okay gracie?" i took a second glance at the couple, who were kissing AGAIN.

"i'm good" i replied with a fake smile, trying to think of a way to distract myself from george. "this movie kinda sucks though" i chuckled, causing alex to giggle.

"you're not wrong" alex cringed at the screen "tess has BAD taste!" he whispered a little too loudly, receiving a dirty look from tess and a laugh from the boys. george didn't respond, he just looked away. i didn't care though, i needed to get over him.

the film finished and we headed home. the car journey wasn't awkward, just quiet, everyone was either on their phones or not bothered to talk. normal after a movie night the journey back would be laughs and fun but tonight, things were different. Alex was different, George was different, tess was just... here.

i scrolled through instagram until i got a text from caitlin. things were heated so i guess we both just wanted to sort things.

bestooooo x

hey grace, im sorry about what happened earlier.i was just angry and i thought i was losing u,forgive me?

gracie x

 you aren't losing me and you never will, i understand how u felt but i could never replace u. i forgive u :)

bestooooo x 

besties?

gracie x 

besties.

i was happy that drama was dealt with, but i still have other things to sort.

Alex's POV

I had hardly realised our arrival at the apartment due to being lost in trying to remember smaller details in my life. i also needed to think of something to make a video on. 

me, george, tess and grace waved bye to the boys and headed up the stairs of the block. i nudged grace "let me stay over yours tonight" i gestured at george and tess holding hands as they walked "i think its going to be a...loud night?" i cringed. she nodded and let out a chuckle as i let george know. he nodded blankly at me and carried on the extra flight of stairs with his girlfriend. something was up with him.

i flopped onto grace's couch and scrolled through twitter for controversies i could look into for a video, "you sure you want to start recording so soon?" grace joined me with a beer in hand. 

"i need to pay the rent somehow gracie" i smiled "oi get me a beer" i added with a funny looking frown.

"it's too soon after the accident alex-" 

"oh i don't caree, its just one night. we need to have a fun night after that film witnessed." 

she shrugged "oh alright" she got out some alcohol and placed it on the coffee table so we had enough to have a little bit of fun and i turned my phone off.

"i challenge you to a drink off!" i giggled and we both picked up a bottle. 

"i accept your challenge" and the drinking commenced.

time skip

GRACE'S POV

 we had danced around my living room until i eventually crashed onto the couch, "we're gonna have the worst hangovers tomorrow" alex smiled, laying next to me. i laughed and turned myself so we were face-to-face "i miss this" he added "i miss us all being able to hang out together, before my accident.."

"me too alex" i ran my fingers through his hair in a friendly way "but dont ever think it's your fault" i frowned and he shrugged.

suddenly i knew the perfect way to get over george, and i could always blame it on the drinks if it doesn't result in feelings. 

i smirked and leaned in to kiss alex.

the kiss lasted, there was no buzz like with george but 

maybe it would take time

the kiss turned into making out

and soon enough alex was taking me to bed

it wasn't ideal but i needed this 

so i went with it