thirty

A/N: this fic has become super chaotic and i hate it so theres gonna be some wholesome and chill stuff to come that'll actually focus on grace, alex and george as friends again and the main oc x george relationship building. enjoy!

grace's pov

the water poured down, dripping by my side, as my mind faded into dullness and everything was a foggy illusion. the sensation of the steamy water calmed me; taking my mind off all of the recent events. and besides the cascading shower water, it was peaceful; no arguments to be heard, unwanted lovers to be seen, hangovers or even headaches to be felt. today was going to be a good day and no one was going to ruin it.

i pulled the rough towel over my body, soaking up all of the wet droplets upon my bare skin, and i threw on my f/b (fave band) hoodie and some adidas joggers. i dried and tied up my hair into a messy bun, smiling at myself in the mirror. i didn't need makeup today, i just needed to let my skin breathe. 

i had breakfast and as midday arrived i decided to head out. breathing in a large amount of fresh air, i stepped out of the block and into the chilled outdoors. it was the first time in ages i had been able to face the world without concealing my face with makeup and it honestly felt so refreshing. i smiled and took in my surroundings while heading to the familiar coffee shop.

i entered, inhaling the warm scents which encircled me like a belt round jeans. i stood in the queue, ready to order a cup of coffee, when i remembered that i hadn't actually just hung out with the boys recently, well like we normally would. 

i payed and thanked them, grabbing my coffee off the counter. i sat down and pulled out my phone.

grace

come meet me at the coffee shop pleaseee, i wanna hang with yous x

---

i sent the text to our old group chat which includes alex, will and george - all in which who agreed to come in 10 minutes. i smiled, i had missed my best friends.

small time skip

suddenly, the door of the coffee shop swung open to reveal;

alex, showing off his own new lgt merch;

will, with a wide grin plastered across his usual square face; 

and george, looking scruffy as usual.

i gave them a little wave and they joined me at the table. fortunately, there was no awkwardness at all between us, im guessing they sorted everything out among themselves as well. george and i were over each other (i think) and i was fine with it ( i think). instead, we had all returned to being friends, and soon enough, we were all just laughing and smiling together like we used to. god i missed this.

we walked through town until it approached late afternoon and alex and george had proposed we should come back to their apartment. as soon as we arrived, they decided to stream. annoyingly i desperately needed to edit so i had to opt out of streaming today. instead, i got cosy on the couch with my laptop.

george's pov

i applied my bandana, glasses and cap while alex and will set up the stream for the channel. when it we were ready, alex hit start and did his intro to the camera  - me and will ducking down out of shot.