Chapter 1 (Edited)

She stared at herself in the mirror and was perplexed by what she saw. She was so beautiful. She was slim and pretty; sea blue eyes, pointed nose, small pink lips and seductive brows. She had an hourglass figure; medium-sized breast, flat stomach and a big ass. She was the definition of a goddess.

Anna used to be a ''fat ugly Betty'' -so people said- whose presence annoyed everyone. She works at Ben Corp during the day and at night, she serves drinks at ABC club. During her free time, she would view celeb magazines and fantasize about being beautiful and accepted by the society someday.

She had been running night and day shifts for the past three years and had gathered enough money to afford a new house and a car. Instead of doing that, she decided to go for a plastic surgery. After all her best friend and rommie owns a car she could lend at any given time. She could also take a bus if need be. She got tired of all the unfair treatment she'd been receiving from both sexes and wanted a change.

And a change was what she got.

Two months after the operation was conducted and was ready to be discharged, she finally asked a nurse for a mirror. Summoning up the courage to look at her reflection, she was caught off-guard by the stunning beauty who stared right back at her. At first she taught it was a dream and she pinched herself several times but it was real. She was real -beautiful and slim.

"Oh my God, I'm... I'm beautiful!" She gasped still not believing she's the one in the mirror.

Last night she had called her best friend and told her she would be getting discharged the following day. She sat on the bed while waiting for her friend to come pick her up from the hospital.

Ella, Anna's best friend walked into the hospital and was led up to Anna's room. She entered room 402 and was left astonished when her gaze fell on  the beauty who stood at the opposite side of the room.

"Oh my... I'm so sorry. I must have entered the wrong room." She said quickly exiting the room.

Just as she was about shutting the door, something caught her eyes. It was the purple bag she had bought for her Anna a few days before her surgery.

"Anna?!" She asked, her voice barely a whisper. Anna nodded her head with a full smile.
"OMG Anna, you look so... different" She gave her a heartfelt hug. "I almost didn't recognize you for a moment. Wow! you're gorgeous", she said with eyes full of admiration.

They had been best friends ever since the day Anna got bullied on her way home from class back in college. She reigned all sorts of insults on the girls who tried to bully her and since then, they've been really close.

*****

Anna and Ella both lived in the same apartment thus they paid the rent equally. Ella was in the kitchen preparing dinner while Anna was taking her bath. Soon after she joined Ella in the kitchen.

"Anna how does it feel like to be a goddess?" Ella joked.

Anna kicked her and huffed a laugh, "What are you trying to insinuate?"

"That you were..." before she could complete the statement, Anna pounced on her and soon they were throwing baking ingredients at each other. In a bid to pouring flour on Ella, she slipped and landed on her butt.

They both started laughing until Anna's phone beeped and ruined the moment. It was her boss at the night club.

Rolling her eyes, she picked the call, "Where the hell are you? You're supposed to be here serving drinks. Your two months break ended a week ago! Get your ass down here young lady and start working!" He yelled through the phone.

"Okay boss. I'm on my way." She hung up and shoved a loose strand behind her ear.

"I hate your boss. He orders you about like you're some sort of puppet." 

Anna hurriedly grabbed her things and headed to the subway. She ate her dinner on her way to the club.

****

The moment she stepped into the club, it was like an angel was present. The noise quieted down and all eyes were on her. She wore a red off-shoulder fled gown that ended just above her knees and a pair of black Louis Vuitton sandal with a small black purse hanging around her.

At first she wondered what they were staring then it dawned on her that it was her new appearance. Knowing she was beautiful, she walked with confidence. With each step she took, she heard various sweet comments. She felt like a model.

When her boss walked up to her, she smiled, "Good evening sir."

"Who is this beauty queen?" He asked lustfully.

She chuckled and turned to him saying, "Anna". With just that one word, her boss went silent. He just stared at her like he had seen a ghost.

**********

Hey guys, enjoying the story so far?

This is the revised version of the original chapter of Her Boss. I hope you enjoyed it.

Please don't forget to hit the vote button.

Author,
Darker_she