Chapter 4

"What?!! No way that's gonna happen". She said storming out of the room when he spoke up.

"You were the one who sneaked into my office right?" She stopped at her track and ignored him then he said "I bought you a new dress because I splashed dirt water on you right? You're Anna aren't you?" Her face grew pale all of a sudden and slowly turned to him. "hmm".

"Why are you doing this to yourself? I actually thought you were a good girl Anna, what happened to the Anna I knew in college?"

"B...Ben? Ben Walker?" she asked in shock. He just nodded his head. "Oh my God!" she exclaimed then everything went black.

He rushed up to her and carried her to the couch. Then he brought water and sprinkled some on her face yet she didn't wake up. He had no other option than to take her to the hospital but before that, he used a cloth to cover her body. It was midnight and the drive to the hospital was so fast since the road was not busy. Occasionally he would glance at her while he drove.

AT THE HOSPITAL

She was rushed to the ward and was being attended to. He kept on walking on the passage way until a doctor approached him and said "Your girlfriend is okay sir, she just had a panic attack. You can visit her now."

He rushed into the ward and stared at her beautiful sleeping face. He sat beside her and coaxed her hand while she slept. "I will never stop loving you Anna" he said with a whisper.

Ben was her crush back in college and he also crushed on her despite her size. She really liked him but neither of them had the courage to express their feelings.

He woke up the next morning and realized he was still at the hospital. He looked up at Anna who was still sleeping and just as he was about to stand up, he felt her hand moved under his. At first he thought it was his illusion, then her hand moved again. Slowly she opened her eyes and although her vision was still blur she could tell who was there with her. "Anna" he said smiling at her. Then he hurriedly went to get the doctor. The doctor ran several tests on her and when he saw that she was okay, he said "See me in my office".

Ben walked beside the doctor to his office and when he sat down, he said "Ben how have you been?" Doctor Kelly is his personal doctor. "I've been fine, I guess. How's the business going?"

"Well we're managing to save some lives." he said.

"Nice to know" he felt very nervous and was anxious as to what the doctor was to say next.

"I called you to my office because I didn't want to mention this in front of her. It seems she has panic attacks frequently so please never leave her side to ensure her safety at all times." He wrote something on a piece of paper and gave it to Ben saying "Here's some drugs you'll buy. Ensure she takes these first ones here once a day for three days and these whenever she's having a panic attack" he said pointing at what he wrote on the paper. "That's all." he said.

"Thank you doctor" Ben said then gave him a handshake before he left the office.

He went back to the room where Anna was. "How are you feeling now?" he asked while walking up to her.

"Water" she said and her voice was hoarse. He hurriedly poured water on the empty glass on the bedside drawer and handed it over to her. She gulped the water down in a haste and requested for another and he gave it to her. This time, she drank it slowly. When she was done, she handed the glass over to him and asked "What am I doing here and what did the doctor say?"

"You fainted at the club last night. The doctor said you had a panic attack and you're to be kept under strict observation for a week."

"But what about my work. I have so many unfinished documents to complete and..."

"I already told someone to fill in for you" he said cutting her short.

She wanted to say more than that but the drama from last night came back to her and she suddenly felt nervous and ashamed. Ben had always known her to be a fat yet innocent girl but she wondered if what happened last night changed the way Ben viewed her. She suddenly felt humiliated and turned her back on him.

He knew what she was thinking about so he said "I understand why you were working at the club. Phillip is a friend of mine and he has been talking about how nice you are and hardworking. At first I never knew who he was referring to but when I saw you last night, I knew it was you".

"If you knew who I was, why did you ask for a one-night stand".

"Oh uhh... You see, we'll... I uhh... I'm so sorry about that. I...i didn't mean it I swear. I said that inorder for you to have enough money to pay off your debt and stop working in that place. But I never intended on h...having sex with you, I promise."

"Okay, so how did you find out my true identity, I was wearing a mask".

"If you can remember clearly, you told me 'I'm sorry sir' last night and your voice sounded exactly as the girl who sneaked into my office".

"Oh" she said suddenly realizing.

"Wait, then how did you know I was Anna from college?" she asked and he suddenly became shy and nervous, scratching the back of his neck.

"Uhh.. I kinda ran a background check on the girl who sneaked into my office and the results revealed your true identity. I'm sorry I did a background check on you."

"Hmm... It's okay. I would have done same if I were the boss" she said and he felt relieved that she didn't overreact.

"Erm CEO Ben, you said you understand why I WAS working in the club" she said emphasizing on WAS.

"Yeah.. I paid off all your debts and I don't want you going back there. I just don't understand why on earth you did a surgery and why you would sell your body just to pay off your debt. It ain't nice Anna. Please don't go back there again, okay?" he softly said coaxing her hand subconsciously.

She just stared at him wondering if he still viewed her as the same despite the fact that she did a surgery and worked as a stripper. She couldn't hold the thought anymore and asked "CEO Ben, do you still view me as the same Anna from college who was fat despite the fact that I did a surgery and worked as a stripper?".

He just looked deep into her eyes and could tell she was sad and confused. He held her face tenderly and softly said "Surgery doesn't change a person's personality. You're still the same old Anna I had a crush on in college and you'll still be the same Anna despite the fact that you were once a stripper. I'm just so glad no one touched you".

Just as he was about to drop his hand from her face he felt something wet touch his fingers and when he looked, he saw tears dripping from her eyes. He suddenly felt weak and didn't know why but he climbed onto the bed and pulled her in a hug. She held him tightly and kept on crying on his chest. She didn't know why but felt secure with him around her.

"One more thing, don't call me CEO. I'm Ben okay?" she nodded her head while still holding him. He coaxed her hair and soon after she fell asleep in his arms. He kissed her forehead and she smiled. "She must be having a good dream" he thought. He was too tired so he fell asleep with her in his arms.

**************

AUTHOR'S NOTE.

Hey guys... So what do you think of this chapter?

Please don't forget to follow me here on Wattpad. Please comment, vote and share my book. Love you all.

—Joanna_18