Chapter 17

*previously**

"I gave her a quick peck on her cheeks before holding out my hands. I cleared my throat to bring her out of her thoughts and she slowly took my hand. I led her to the car and we went to get lunch.

*Now**

Anna's POV...

He pulled up in the parking lot of a really expensive Chinese restaurant. In front of the restaurant was an inscription written in Chinese that I couldn't make out. As we stepped in, we were ushered to a VIP section where a waiteress came and took our orders. I ordered a Kung Pao Chicken–not sure what that means– and Ben ordered Chow Mein. We chatted for a while before our meals were brought.

In front of me was a dish with diced chicken and fried peanuts...and I think it's covered with cornstarch and vegetables?

"Wow! I have no idea what this is."

"I don't know either. I have never been here but I heard they serve really great meal."

"Really? And you brought your son and I here?" he shot me a boyish grin as I dug in.

"Hmm... it's so delicious. Try it" I said handing out a piece of sliced chicken to him.

"Wow"

"I know right. The fried peanuts killed it. You're gonna have to get me more of this" I said with my mouth full.

"You look so cute when you eat like a pig. No offense though."

I shrugged, "No offense is taken. Everyone says I eat like a pig and I'm cool with it."

"You're so natural. I love you Kitten" I blushed at his lustful gaze.

"I love you too."
"Are you gonna finish that?" I asked after a few minutes when I was done with mine.

"Wow! Is it the baby or you eat real fast and consume much?"

"Probably both. So will you finish that?"

"Nope. Have it."

"Yes!" I dug in right away using a chopstick. I laughed at how difficult it was for me using it and I kept it aside and dug in using my bare hands "hmm... much better." He chuckled at my childish behavior but didn't make a comment.

I'm so glad we're in the VIP section or people would be disgusted by my eating habits.

There was a comfortable silence between us. "I'm done. Okay that didn't fill quarter of my stomach but I'm gonna manage that." I said as I cleaned my hands and mouth.

"You're so adorable" he said and I flushed. He cleared his throat before continuing "Your family will be coming over for dinner and we'll discuss the wedding arrangements then since their flight will be leaving tomorrow."

"Great! That's great. I miss them already."

"Your parents are really nice. Do you know that?"

"They're my parents. Why wouldn't I know that? But they sure can be embarrassing sometimes." 

"I know right? There was this one day when my brother got into some serious trouble at school and I had to take the blame for him because he would've been expelled. My mom came to the school and literally pulled our ears to the car. So many students were in the hallway at that time. It was so embarrassing" he said with a smile as he reminisced the past. He cleared his throat before continuing "I miss them alot" his voice cracked in the end and I knew he was fighting the urge to cry.

I held his hands in mine "Look at me. Ben look at me" he reluctantly rose his head up and his eyes were red and tears were threatening to spill. I felt a part of my heart shatter just by seeing at how sad he looks "Don't hide your feelings. Express them when the need be." I slowly stood up from my chair and walked towards him. I leaned down and pulled his head against my chest and I felt his body convulsing and radiating heat.