Chapter 2 (Edited)

"Follow me". Her boss said when she was about serving the first drink. On getting to his office, he sat down and gestured to the sit opposite his desk, "Have a seat". Something he's never said. She sat cautiously and waited for his next statement.

"How would you like to be ABC club's anonymous stripper?" He smiled and then continued, "I don't know what you did to yourself these past weeks you were away but something tells me that your new look will boost this club's status and we would have more customers. You don't need to have sex with any of those wealthy men that come here. All you need do is entertain them. You would wear a mask so no one will know your identity to avoid future harassment. What do you think? Will you do it?" He finally concluded.

"I don't know sir. This was unexpected."

"If you accept this once in a lifetime opportunity, I promise to reduce the debt you owe me. And this could be your lucky chance because in a few months from now, you'll no longer be indebted to me. But if you decline, then get ready to work your ass out for the next couple of years." He grinned exposing his silver canines

She considered the pros and cons of taking up his offer. Although she doesn't feel comfortable but she has to accept. That way he'll be off her back forever in just a few months. If she declines, she'll spend the next couple of years raising the money she owes him and the chances of maintaining her reputation will be hanging on a thin thread. What would she do if words got out that in the office that she works in a club as a stripper? There's a probability her boss would fire her.

"Oh Lord! What am I going to do? Maybe using a mask will hide my identity," She thought.

"Anna would you accept this offer? Don't forget the promise behind it." His tone of voice changed and she could sense he was growing annoyed each second with her silence.

She immediately remembered what her mom taught her while growing up.

"Never make an important decision in haste Annabella. Always take your time to think properly first, discuss it with someone and then you can decide."

She cleared her throat and met the expectant gaze of her boss. "Sir can you please grant me some time to think about this?"

The look on his face made her regret voicing thoughts out. She was about speaking up when he smiled.

"Of course Anna! I'd be expecting your reply tomorrow. In the meantime, you can go home. Your work today is over." He smiled once more as he gestured for me to leave.

|
|

"You're back early. What happened?" Ella paused the movie she was seeing and tilted her head to study me. "Did he fire you?"

Anna huffed a laughed and plopped down on the couch, "Girl you're not gonna believe it." She filled Ella in on everything that happened from when she stepped into the club down to when she left her boss's office.

"Woah! Damn girl. So what are you going to do? Will you accept it?"

She heaved a sigh, "I honestly do not know. If I accept it, then I'll stop working at the club in just a few months from now. But if I decline, I'll continue working there until I pay off completely all I owe him. Damn I don't know what to do." She let out a loud groan as she thought of what she'd do.

"What do you really want Anna?" Ella scooted closer and placed her hand on Anna's shoulder.

"I just want to pay my debt and be free." She replied burying her face in her palms.

"In as much as I don't like the new offer, I think it will just be the only solution right now."

"I thought same. I just want all these to be over." Anna looked up at her and chuckled, "You know I was beginning to regret spending all that money on my surgery. I could've just given it to Mr Philip and then work some more to complete it."