Chapter 3 (Editing)

She couldn't sleep properly that night. Her boss kept on appearing in every dream -staring at her with his cold eyes. She tilted her head to get a proper view of the clock and it read 5:22am.

She decided to go for a run inorder to clear her head. She put on her jogging suit and packed her hair in a high ponytail, "You can do it. Just relax and get these shits outta ya skull."

After walking for about 30mins, she decided to stop by a nearby café to get a drink but they weren't open yet so she went back home.

On getting back, she was surprised to see Ella in the kitchen. "Yo! Why are you up so early?"

"I was having a running stomach from all the junks I ate last night." She let out a groan as she leaned on the counter.

"Oh, sorry." I took some pills from one of the drawers and handed it over to her, "Here it would help ease the pain." Giving her a small pat on the back, I headed out the kitchen.

"Thanks. Won't you get ready for work?"

"I was about to do that mom."

She chuckled as she popped the pills in her mouth, "And don't get into your boss' office today." She shouted and continued with what she was preparing.

****

Anna was already running late so she just grabbed her breakfast and ran off to catch a bus. She couldn't get any so she had to take the thirty-five minutes walk to the office –on her stilettos.

Almost rounding a corner, a fast moving vehicle splashed dirty water on her white dress.

"What the fuck man!" She groaned and moved a little bit to the side and her heels got broken, "Oh Lord! Could this day get any worse?" She cursed under her breath as she bent down to get rid of her heels

The car slowed down and revised. The back glass rolled down revealing an handsome man then she looked again and it was CEO Ben. "Oh fuck! I'm doomed." She muttered.

"Why are you going to work by this time? Do you want to lose your job?" Again with that annoying cold voice.

Resisting the urge to roll her eyes, Anna squared her shoulders in confidence but her mouth had other plans, "I... I'm sorry sir. It won't repeat itself, I promise." Way to go girl! You handled it just right by stuttering.

The quick flash of fear in her eyes didn't escape him. He suddenly felt like a terrible person and mumbled, "Get inside." She hesitantly entered the car.

#####

The entire drive was silent. The only thing that could be heard was the continuous beeping sound from CEO Ben's phone. She got bored and was about to bring her phone out when the car stopped.

She looked up and saw that they were in the parking lot of a huge Mall. She gave him a puzzled look and coldly he said, "Get down."  She was about to tell him off for his arrogance but his expression startled her. She knew better and just quietly stepped out of his car.

She walked behind him into the mall and down to the ladies boutique. People kept on staring at her -more like her soiled dress. Some gave her a pitiful look while others glared at her dress.

"Get a new dress." He demanded.

Why is he so bossy? Jeez! It's annoying as hell.

She sighed. She was handed three beautiful dresses to pick from by a lady whom she assumed works there. She quickly glanced at the lady then at her boss and the clothes in front of her. She sighed again and took the dresses.