[12] Different Fates

Y/N: POV

"I think...we should go out"

I thought about it and maybe going out with Shouya wouldn't be so bad.

"What are you saying?"

Shouya looked at me with a red flushed face. That made me smile a little.

"You've always been there for me when Kazuki wasn't and you even said you loved me"

He gulped while having a concerned expression, proof of not believing me.

"Are you sure you want to do this?"

A part of me wanted to say yes...but the other half was hesitant. With the best face I could pull off, I forced a smile.

"Why wouldn't I be?"

"Alright, I believe you...but you better prove it"

I gaze up into his emerald-green eyes, wondering what he meant.

"What do you mean?"

Although I said that it made my heart throb, it made me regret everything I said.

"If you're really over Kazuki, invite him to a double date with him and Asami"

"You're kidding, right?"

I gestured up with a bit of feared laughter.

'He has to be kidding, right?'

Not a hint of the attitude dropped, he just looked at me with fiery eyes. I guess he wanted to make sure that I was totally over Kazuki.
Wait a minute—!

"How did you even know that Kazuki and Asami are dating?"

'Ah-ha! I knew something was going on!'

His backed up along with his arm behind his head.
His face was flushed which was something I would do. Shouya looks like a tomato!

"I-I kind of saw you run down the hall after class, so I went back to the room you ran from. I saw—"

"Don't say anything, please"

I said to my feet, trying my hardest not to remember it anymore.

"My bad."

Just then, a teacher came in the classroom. Oh great, we're in trouble to top it off. What terrible luck do I have!?

"Oh Mr. Rio, I'm so sorry, you see we were just looking for my backpack and—"

The teacher groaned and rolled his eyes.

"Enough excuses, I didn't expect this from you, Shouya, but I expected better from you Y/N.You know the school rules; don't stay a school and leave on curfew!"

Me and Shouya both bowed our heads to apologize. Thankfully, we didn't get detention or run laps around the field.
•••
「At Your House」

Taking a shower was the best medicine for a distraction, so that's what I did. Without no effort, I walked up to my bed and slumped my back.

'Today was such a crazy day. There were so many things happening in a day.'

I slapped my cheeks, getting my head out of the cloud. I've been doing that a lot lately. I guess that will be normal when love is on topic.

A gust of wind flee in my window as an object lied on the floor. I couldn't help but peek an interest of what it was.

"A paper plane?"

I unfolded the paper plane like a kid unwrapping gifts.

"A phone number?" I questioned.

"You can call me whenever you feel like it"

A familiar voice jumped to my surprise. Shouya was my next door neighbour?! Since when??
Shouya cupped his face with his one hand while the other rested on the window sill.

"When were you my neighbor?"

"Just recently, I just thought you wanted to know that"

A smile crept up my face.

"Nice to know I'm not alone"
•••

'Hey beautiful Cakes! I'm back! Sorry this story was a bit short, I know you guys are a little disappointed of me. I just had a busy weekday fiasco going on and it just died down. I'll try to make quick updates, but since school will start in 3 weeks, that'll probably won't last. Sorry. Anyway, the title of the next chapter is called "Double Date Challenge"
You heard me! Kazuki, Asami, Shouya and Y/N are all going on a double date. Shouya wanted a proof of Y/N truly getting over her former crush, Kazuki, so he asked
*cough* demanded *cough* a double date to prove so. Is Y/N really over him, or is she not? Find out in the next chapter!

/ᐠ• ω •ᐟ\ CZ!