[19] His Birthday Present

Y/N: POV

Time flied by during those 3 weeks. It was almost Kazuki's birthday, exactly 2 days from today. Was it weird that I still wanted to make up with him even though I was basically rejected? Yes. I don't even know if he still likes me after all that has happened.
Either way, maybe going to his party will change our current status if each other.

It was almost Valentine's Day and a bright idea formed in my head. February 14th was when everybody gives chocolates to people they like, Kazuki on the other hand was born that day but 'hated sweets the most' and he quote. He doesn't want girls and other guys to know that he's a fan of sweets.

'The seasons kept changing, just deal with it. Lol! Oh, and since it doesn't really say when Kazuki's birthday was, I'll just make one up.'

Knowing that I'm the only one who knew that made me feel kind of special in a way to him.
Plenty of girls would give him boxes of chocolates so it wouldn't be that surprising for girls to just give him that.

I planned to give him a scarf that would match mine. There was a rumour going around that giving a matching scarf to the one you love will be a sign that you two will be together for the rest of your life. It was just an old fairytale that I wished was true.

Your Scarf:

Kazuki's Scarf:

Kazuki's Scarf:

•••In The Villa:

•••
In The Villa:

We all celebrated in Kazuki's Villa. His parents gave it to him as an early birthday present to him. I wore a midnight lavender dress with bright stars dancing in the sky. My hairstyle was neatly tied together to a small bun, completing it with an elastic that took the form of a cat. It was a simple dress but that wasn't what mattered.

 It was a simple dress but that wasn't what mattered

There was enormous amount of space

There was enormous amount of space. As always, people were grouped together among other people while the Star of the show checked on everyone.

As I was holding the boxed gift I was suppose to hand in, it was still in my hands as if it was glued to my hand permanently. I looked around to see the mountains of gifts piled up to a tower on the rounded table. My gift wasn't that great compared to the others I've seen people gave one by one.
I think to myself...

'Is this really enough for me to give him?'

As I was about to lose all hope, I saw Kazuki watching the stars. My legs moved on it's own and moved closer to him.

"Hi Kazuki!"

I hid my present behind my back, not blending in with my dress. Kazuki responded to my voice but more focused somewhere else.

"Hey Y/N. Is there something wrong?"

He asked as he turned his head to me, he was finally smiling. It was the first time in 3 weeks we've actually had a face-to-face talk. I know because I was doing the same as he was doing. It took me a while until I answered back.

"Oh, nothing. I just wanted to look at the night sky! Isn't it beautiful!?"

I quickly tried to change the subjects as my hands tightened themselves know that it was a by-pass. Kazuki chuckled.

"It does, doesn't it?"

Looking at him, he changed a lot. His voice was a bit lower but hinted that his normal voice I used to remember was still there and his physical appearance was taller. Something about him changed that I couldn't point out, he was a bit more optimistic and doesn't act like a child anymore. Even if it was a good thing, I missed that part of him.

"Y-Yeah"

I grabbed my one free hand and placed it on top of my used hand. Thoughts ran through my head of me holding his hand. Was it crazy to think that I wanted him that bad?

I bit my lip and almost choked on my words. The present I was about to give, came into view. I handed it to him and bowed my head.

"For me? Really!"

He graciously accepted the gift and tore of the gift wrap. Kazuki then fastened it around his neck and spread a humble grin on his face.

"Thanks Y/N! You know, you're the only person that actually gives me what I need"

I couldn't help but blush at his compliment. It might be just the weather but something tells me it wasn't that way.

"Oh, uh, your w-welcome! It wasn't much though. Compared to the other, mine can't even match with any of their gifts"

"That's not true! I like it!"

Without a second to finish my sentence, he interrupted right away.

"What ever someone gives me won't compare to what you give me!"

I giggled, knowing that it was just something to cheer me up. That part sounded like he was asking me out just then. I wished what he said was the real thing.

'He's probably just trying to make me feel better'

"Okay. You got me me, you made me laugh! Quit trying to be so cliche! Haha"

Kazuki looked thrown aback, he didn't laugh with me, so that was something.

"I'm serious"