[26] A Night With My Ex

I hope you enjoy!!!

3rd Person: POV

The frightened girl was still traumatized by all that was happening. It felt as if her life was falling apart each path she took. First, it was E/N and now Kazuki's life was at stake. He might not even live. Y/N thought about what the doctor told her,

"Kazuki has a heart failure"

"But there's a chance you can treat his conditions, right? Maybe some medicine or something!"

"I'm sorry ma'am, but we don't have that kind of power"

"I'll donate money for you to recover him! Please, he's all I have left!?"

I pleaded trying hard not to lose hope. Tears started to come out of my eyes as he looked at me and sighed at my actions.

"I'll try to negotiate with the head doctor, there might still be a chance that he'll make it"

I looked at up at him and my eyes that used to be tearing up suddenly vanished.

"R-really?

I mumbled as my voice immediately pitched up.

"Yes, but for now, you need to get some rest. You can stay here and wait in a separate room or head home. Any visitors will not be let in until Shimada Kazuki is recovered"

I nodded as I followed his orders, walking away from Kazuki's room.

'Anything that will make Kazuki feel better again, I'll do it, as long as he's back to his old self.'
•••

Y/N: POV

I waited at the entrance of the hospital for a moment. The only thing I could think about was Kazuki. It's between life and death and he's about to have his foot in the grave.

I called a cab and headed home, losing my thoughts in my mind. I simply had no energy to even spread a smile at my parents, but then again, they wouldn't care if I did.

This day was somehow different, someone was here to visit me. Hardly anyone does. I don't plan for it to stay that way but it was no person I would want to talk to. It was E/N. Outside my bedroom, he was face to face with me, looking grim.

'What's he doing here? Out of all times, he could drop by, this had to be the time?'

"E/N, I don't know if you noticed but I'm not in the mood to talk to you"

Right then, when the door was halfway closed, he quickly pulled my hand towards him and brought up the most sensitive topic.

"I know what happened to Shimada"

I snatched my hand back and furrowed my eyebrows. E/N was taken aback but was determined to get me facing the truth.

"Let go of me!".

Instead, he pushed me against the wall and made eye contact with my F/C eyes. I struggled to wiggle out of his arm as I muffled some nasty words under my breath. I was hesitant about facing him, but something about him, I couldn't turn away from. Was it the cause of how vulnerable he was looking?

"Y/N, just listen to me!"

That holler sent me to silence. I gaze down at our production and turned a crimson-red blush. E/N was the type person who would do this to other girls, but he hadn't done made these kind moves to me.

"If you're willing to stay by Shimada, then that's your choice...but if you want, I want us to continue off"

The pressure suddenly was on my side. I couldn't make a decision on the spot, Kazuki is a person that I loved for years, but E/N came back to my life and showed me a different side of him.

His F/C eyes glistened as he waited patiently. As I gaze more at him, those glints slowly faded, thinking that he got turned down.

I remember what Kazuki has told me.

'Maybe you should go back to E/N'

My mouth quivered, unable to speak any words.

"E-E/N, I-"

Turning back to him, he completely lost hope and was about to leave the room.

"I-I want to thank you!... For everything you've done for me"

His lips parted to a gape but ended up smiling. It wasn't as genuine as he makes it to be.

"No problem"

Unlike his previous actions of being child-like, he was calmer and relaxed.

Once he was no longer in my sight, I lied on my spread-out bed, thinking of E/N. Was it a crime that she did?

Once again, I thought of what the chestnut-haired boy said to me.

'Go back to E/N. I'm sure he'll treat you well'

'Yeah, I know half of that was what the previous chapters said and half is just made up words but who cares. As long as you guys understand'

'Maybe Kazuki was right.'
•••
'It's like 3 in the morning and I couldn't get to sleep. So, I thought, I could work on my last few chapters of this book! I'm quite sad about this because-well you already know what's going to happen to Kazuki—and well, this bad story is about to be over. Cry. Anyway, hope you liked this chapter!'