1.

12 December 2014

My dearest K.,

The full moon of tonight made me think of your first question. Thinking about that question during the day was not that productive... the sun really consumes all my thoughts. But looking at this moon tonight made me realize some things I had never thought of before. So tonight my darling, I finally have the answer to your question: "Why does the sun die every night?"

What if the sun loves the moon so much that dies every night just let her breathe? What if the sun is not the selfish one that wants the whole attention by shining and burning during a whole day? He may be just protecting his innocent moon just like you always protect me. He dies every night just to let her shine, even though she doesn't have light at all. He dies and gives her his light just to let others see her the way he does. It's just like you always say to me when I feel blue: "I wish you could see yourself through my eyes and see the light within you." Maybe the sun does the same to his moon.

I think the sun has accomplished his mission: he has let his moon shine and breathe every night. He made others love her beauty and innocence. He is always there for her, just like she is always there for him. But what would happen if the moon just vanished? What will happen when she stops breathing just like me? What will happen to the hope of revealing my true light to the world? Would the sun still die every night then?

Forever yours,

D.