2.

21 December 2014

My dearest K.,

Some things never change and you know what I am talking about. It is Sunday and I am by the see... under the tree where you used to take my head in your lap, caress my hair and wipe off all my insecurities. You really made each and every one of my cells tremble to the base. Today I came here hoping I could feel your scent and think a little about the question in your previous letter: "What happened to the wicked one after the fight with the hero? Was there even a true evil in the field battle?"

You remember fairy tales... there was always the good one, the leader, the honest, the brave one against the bad one, the liar, the coward. You always wished that light defeated the dark and be the hero (even though I am sure you wished that just to annoy me, because you know I don't want to be the egoist leader). None ever remembered the bad one. I am just wondering: "Was he forever despised for what he did in the past? Did he ever wish that life could work out differently for him just like it did for the hero?" Why did we never think that the bad one was not really that bad? Why did we never try to find his petals instead of whining for his thorns? We held so tightly on what we called "good" people that in this self-shattering persistence, we failed to see the answer: "Every act of evil unleashes a million act of kindness. This is why shadows will continue losing the battle while there is still light to shine."

When I was a little girl, I used to believe in fairy tales. You meet Prince Charming, who happens to be a tall, handsome, honest and sincere hero and suddenly you find whatever you wished for. It is so easy to spot the bad guy, since he always wears scruffy black clothes, has black eyes and wanders around aimlessly. That doesn't happen in real life. In real life, the bad guy happens to be the handsome one with a super attractive mysterious smile and hypnotizing look in his hazel eyes and I happen to love him.

You once told me you were full of demons that could ruin my light. You remember what I told you: "That's why you should stay always by my side... I have a hell inside me where you can put your demons." So next time you find yourself in the middle of this stupid fight, just remember to fight against the bad not with the purpose of beating them... fight to silence their demons and reveal the true light within them.

Forever yours,

D.