Veinticuatro

"Hell no, there no way I'm staying while you take my family to god knows where

"Hell no, there no way I'm staying while you take my family to god knows where." Alec flared his nostrils and quickly sized me up as he took steps towards me. I rose my hands up in an attempt to decrease his anger. I was surprised by my lack of confrontation, I used to be the type to want to fight first.

"Look this is all we can do right now. As soon as I get you a lawyer-" he didn't let me finish explaining.

"I don't need shit from you. Who the hell do you think you are!? You think we're some charity case?" He pushed me back making me stumble. If it weren't for Sandra I would've punched the dick. Sure, I was a new man, but that didn't mean I was gonna let some prick push me around. By now, we had already gathered outside.

"Hey man!" Benny ran up to him as he watched him raise a fist. Before things started getting serious Sandra intervened.

"Alec stop it!" Sandra stalked up to her brother and pushed him towards the hood of the car. She began screaming in his face, her face red and her eyes wild. Only then did I notice his temper deescalate.

"Stop being such an idiot! If it wasn't for him you wouldn't be here right now!" Sandra turned to me, an apologetic look took over her features as she mouthed out an apology. All I wanted to do was hug her and tell her everything was going to be fine. The light bruises on her face covered her freckles, and the bags under her eyes made her look older. I tried to root my feet to the sidewalk in an attempt to not run over and hold her.

"We're not leaving Alec," she whispered. I wanted to tell her there was no way in hell I would be apart from her, but by the way, her shoulders dropped and her eyes watered, I knew to keep my mouth shut. Fucking ankle bracelet.

Blue and red lights began to flash down the road as Sandra took her brother's hand. As the police car pulled over Officer Doi exited the vehicle. "Alexander Luna, come over here." Sandra gripped onto his arm in fear as the officer waved him over. Alec looked unfazed by the officer's command, he didn't even look in his direction. What a ballsy guy.

"It's alright, I just need to talk to him," Officer Doi assures. Sandra released her brother with reluctance then ran her hands through her hair as an ambulance pulled in.  Officer Doi whispered somethings in Alec's ear before patting his back. His gaze landed on me, followed by a curt nod.