Chapter 4

After we got up from the floor and I covered up the holes in my neck, we set out to the train station to meet All Might. I convinced her to let her hair down and wear some reading glasses so that no one would immediately recognize her while walking. I got the usual looks of disgust combined with looks of utter confusion from my neighbors when while we were walking down the street as Toga was feverishly trying to hide behind me. I told her that no one would attempt to attack us and that she didn't have to hide behind me but she refused to not be behind me until we met with All Might.

         "Why don't you just warp us to the train station?" She asked after checking around her for what had to be the fifth time in two minutes.

         "I could do that, but from my house and skipping the nearby train station, to the train station to the center of the city is quite far. I told you last night that I can do short distances without any penalty. The train station is a few miles away and while it wouldn't incapacitate me, it would cause me some mild discomfort. To add to that, last night was the first time I warped myself with another person. It caused more pain than normal and I'm fairly certain that I'd be in more than just mild pain if I were to do that right now. And before you ask, there aren't enough high trees or structures for me to use my quirk to swing us over there. I'd also have to hold you incredibly close to me and you've shown that you don't want me touching you under any circumstance unless mandatory." I explained to her while we continued our walk.

         I stopped trying to create conversation with her after the eighth one-word response to me. I understand not trusting someone and being uncomfortable, but she could at least try to hold a conversation with me when I start one. She's reminding me why I don't go out of my way to socialize with people I don't know. I took a glance behind me and every step she took, she winced.

         "Um, how much farther is it to the train station? My shoes are tearing at the bottom and I don't have anything to fix them.." She started talking normally but she grew quieter and quieter by the time her sentence ended.

         "It's not much farther, if you'll allow me, I'll seal the tears when we get on the train."

         We made it to the train station and, like always, someone tried to prevent me from getting on out of fear alongside trying to bother Toga since she was with me. The person didn't recognize her but quickly stopped bothering us when she asked, in a slightly threatening manner, for them to leave us alone. The entire time they were bothering us, they were staring at Toga and she stepped from behind me and calmly asked them to let us on.

         We took the seat farthest away from others and once we sat down, Toga seemed to relax immediately and she initiated conversation with me. It was a pleasant conversation, she, once again, apologized for being so apprehensive, secretive and wary of me then asked me how I felt about All Might's proposal.

         "I'm still trying to come to terms with it if I'll be honest. When I say that, I mean that I'm going to have to learn how to deal with people being happy to see me, people looking forward to me arriving at the scene of whatever dangerous thing is going on, people talking about me in a positive manner and having praises sung about me from sunrise to sundown. Outside of my family, I can't recall many instances of people being happy to see me or being around large groups of people, though the latter was during my years of a toddler that I can remember." I visibly shook after I said large groups of people to which Toga took notice of.

         I've never really worked well amongst large crowds even if they were people I knew, it felt like I was suffocating with everything going dark and if I hadn't got out then I'd fall into some kind of abyss. It terrifies me and I do my best to avoid large groups whenever I can.
"It's ok. Breathe, just breathe." An incredibly warm voice said to me that was close enough to where it sounded like it was hugging me.