Chapter 14

Ch. 14

         "Well, with that out of the way, what do you want to do? It's kind of early to hit the bed and sleep." Himiko said as she pulled away from Christin and I.

         "You two may deem it too early to sleep, that's precisely what I'm going to do. I would like it if you left me alone so that someone can be awake to watch over the house while you two are sleep." Christin said and immediately after he finished his sentence, he left, and my eye returned to normal.

         "Well. Normally, I don't do anything other than reading the day away until nighttime when I come back home. Occasionally, I listen to some music while I read but I don't do much else." I said as I glanced at the book I brought out.

         "Well if this means anything to you, when I activated your quirk, I felt a strange presence over my shoulder, and it felt like it was waiting for me to make a mistake. Would it be safe to assume that was Christin?" Himiko asked as she took the book I had and examined it. The back of it read: I'll endure the exile, whatever it takes, I'll be your savior.

         "He is a part of me all the way down to my DNA so I would say yeah. That's what it felt like all those years when I was trying to learn how to use my quirk, I always felt as if someone was watching me. Eventually, the feeling went away as you can see. Maybe the more you use your quirk to copy mine, the feeling will go away?" I said as I scratched my head for a somewhat reasonable answer.

         "You think so? Wait, what makes you think I'll be copying your quirk so much to where the feeling would go away?" Himiko questioned.

         "Think about it. Do you truly think that anyone else there will willingly give up a syringe full of their blood to you in case you have to use your quirk? Would you even be able to ask them without freaking out? Your quirk requires an outside source of energy to work and to be frank, I'm literally your source of being able to use it. It would also help keep those cravings of yours in check. I'd say that's a good idea isn't it?" I explained with a bit of optimism at the end.

         "You...do have a point but you wouldn't need to fill a syringe and give it to me every day. We don't know how your body would react to that. Plus, if I don't immediately activate my quirk, if I ingest someone's blood I can store and save it for later use, and I won't have those gross urges to consume for about five days. That's longest I've been able to go without consuming blood before it happens." Himiko said as she handed my book back and looked at the ground.

         "So, every four to five days, is when I should give you some to help make sure you can use your quirk if you have to and keep yourself in check. Simple enough."

         "Vincent, are you...doing this because you want to or doing this because you feel that you have to? Though I can't use my own blood to activate my quirk because I'd just be changing into myself, I can just do that like I've had to do before." She asked looking at me with a perplexed expression.

         "Um, a little bit of both. I'm not going to lie and say that it doesn't feel completely weird to just give you my blood to consume for your benefit but we can't exactly have you running amok and consuming random people's blood to keep those cravings in check. Besides, if that happened, the police would likely arrest and subject you to horrible treatment. They do hate us after all and since they likely know that you're with me because of All Might, they might treat you even worse." I said as I sat back down in my chair.

         "I'm not entirely reliant on my quirk to defend myself. I am capable of hand-to-hand combat and I'm able to use weapons, though it's primarily knives and I don't want to use them if I don't have to. They were my weapon of choice when I was with the League and I'd rather not have to resort to fighting like that again. I left all my gear behind for a reason." Himiko said as she sat down on the chair nearby.