Chapter 16

Chapter 16

         I tried reaching my hand out towards Vincent thinking it was a good idea, but I decided against it. I don't know how to console him and I can't just do what I did on the train the other day. Instead of just standing there, I guided him towards the couch and sat him down before handing him some tissue for him to wipe his face with. I sat there next to him and silently listened to him cry for almost two hours before he eventually stopped. I nearly started crying myself because it was incredibly disheartening seeing him like that. When he stopped crying, he began telling me about how today reminded him of his return to school after his parents passed away.

         "It was almost the same exact thing, the only thing missing was the entire class joining in on it." Vincent said barely above a whisper.

         Seeing Vincent look so defeated like this slowly began to turn my sadness for him into frustration and in haste, I took his phone out of his pocket and called All Might.

         "What are you doing?" He asked.

         "Doing something about that asshole who acts like he can do whatever he wants and get away with it. It was only the second day of school and I'm not going to allow him to make a habit out of this!" I shouted with my back turned to him.

         "Hello? Young Vincent?" All Might said as he answered the phone.

         "Good evening All Might, I'm calling you on his behalf about what happened earlier today. That can't continue to happen!"

          "I hear and fully understand your concerns. I had a very thorough talk with Katsuki about his behavior and his words today. I just let him out of my office not too long ago and I made it very clear to him that his actions put him on a list to be submitted for potential placement into the juvenile hero course and that if he ever spoke like that to Vincent again that he would be immediately removed from the school and barred from returning. That also applies to anything he may say to you Toga. At the beginning of class tomorrow, he is to deliver a formal apology to him in front of the class and to hand Vincent a hand-written apology by the end of the week. That kind of behavior will never be tolerated under any circumstance. Is Vincent in the room with you?"

         "I had already put the phone on speaker when you began to talk sir." I answered his question.

         "Vincent, I am sorry you had to experience such a harrowing second day of school and you shouldn't have had to go through that. The life of a hero is never easy, physically, emotionally and mentally but rest assured that as long as you attend U.A. High, that will not happen again. You have my word on that. Please try your best to have a good night." All Might said before hanging up the phone.

         "Was that necessary Himiko?" Vincent said with an air of annoyance to his tone.

         "Uh, yes it was? It's time you had someone else fighting for you instead of you trying to deal with everything on your own. Aren't heroes supposed to go above and beyond for those that are in trouble? This is step one of that and of me sticking up for someone. Come on, let's do something to get your mind off what happened." I said as I approached him and tried pulling him to his feet but he wouldn't budge.

         "There's no way your so hea-" I cut myself off as I looked down and saw that he used his quirk to shackle himself to the couch.

         "That's not fair."

         "I don't really feel like doing anything Himiko."

         "And I don't feel like seeing you be more quiet than you normally are! As insensitive as that may be, forget about him and let's do something in the house." I said in protest to him choosing to mope.