Chapter 10

Author's note: This is 16 pages long so I hope you have time to read all of this.

Ch 10.

         It's been a few days since I've swung across the air like this and it still hasn't lost it's exhilarating feeling. Though this time, instead of swinging around abandoned buildings, I'm swinging through a training field and destroying robots as I do so. I'm surprised that I'm able to hit the smaller ones amidst all my twirling and such to dodge what they throw at me. I'm even more surprised that I've managed to get myself thirty-two points not too long after starting. I needed to take a moment to look around for any large robots, so I conjured a bow with a few arrows to take out three more robots and then warped to a nearby roof to survey the area.

         Looking around from where I was standing, I couldn't see very many people, but I could hear various sounds of metal being destroyed. I wonder how Himiko is holding up.. When I thought about her progress, a medium sized robot appeared behind me and with a warp behind it and swing of my arm, it was skewered after numerous blades flew through them.

         "There's another two points to my name. This is pretty easy, all things considered." I said to myself before warping to another rooftop.

Toga's POV

         These small robots are pretty easy to take out with my bare hands if I hit them hard enough. Though I'd have about ten more points if I had some kind of weapon, preferably a kni- No. Stop it Himiko, you're done with that lifestyle. I don't want to assume but it looked like Vincent was getting ready to have the time of his life by the way he took off. I hope he's doing well. Speaking of Vincent, I'm still concerned about that wave of emotion that flowed through me after I drank his blood. That aside, I do wonder what using his ability feels like.

         "Anything I can think of, I can create and use. At a cost. The bigger or more complex the action or item, the more of a strain it puts on my mind and thus leaves me with an annoying headache."

         I can't make anything too big or extraordinary, otherwise I'm in for a bad time. Well before I let curiosity overtake me, I'd better find somewhere far away from everyone else so I can transform. I backed away from the nearby crowd and ran inside of the first building I saw. I wasted no time taking on his appearance, but something was different. This is the first time since I activated my quirk that I felt uncomfortable after transforming. It feels like something is watching me, looming over my shoulder and waiting for me to make a mistake. Whatever this is, I can't let it distract me too much, it's almost been ten minutes and I don't have any time to waste. Now, to see if I can replicate his quirk...

         I held my hand out in front of me and thought of a rubber ball. A few seconds later and nothing happened so I concentrated a little harder and eventually it appeared. It was glowing blue and had this hazy aura around it which confused me but at the same time, I was too distracted by the fact that I was able to do it. Next, I chose to up the ante and thought about a spear but with the blade swapped with a hammer's head. It took a bit more concentration than the ball but eventually it showed up. Shortly after I had it in my hand, I felt a small throb of pain in the back of my head. Guess I got close to the wall faster than I expected. Well, this will make do as a weapon for now; I'll just have to take care not to break it since I don't know what'll happen if it does. The last things to try is this wire thing he mentioned and warping. I highly doubt I can pull off the warping part but if his wire technique is as simple as looking somewhere, aiming and pulling then it shouldn't be that hard right?

         I looked straight up at the ceiling, extended my hand towards it and thought of a wire shooting from my hand. Surprisingly, that happened almost immediately and before I had time to celebrate, I found myself slowly ascending towards the ceiling and hanging around in the air. This thing doesn't look very durable so if I were to... Sure enough, pulling my hand in the opposite direction broke the wire.