28

Later on that night .

Adryian stood in front of the body length mirror she had in her room admiring her outfit for the night, it had been a long time since she dressed up. She was wearing a tight fitted Olive green dress that stopped mid thigh

Her hair was done in a jet black 40 inch middle part sew in and her make looked natural with red Stunna Fenty lip paint on her lips. Kai wore an all ivory colored suit and an olive green blazer to match Adryian. They looked good.

" You ready ? " Kai asked adjusting her gold watch.

Adryian grabbed her ivory colored Saint Laurent envelope chain wallet and put it on her shoulder " Now I am " she smiled

" You two have fun now " Adryain's mother said from the living room watching them leave as Sehkani slept next to her.

" See you later Miss Paula " Kai smiled and waved, she opened the door for Adryian

" Bye baby, stay safe  " her mother said before they left

They arrived at the Art gallery by nine and it was packed. This wasn't like Tania Adryian thought but ever since Tania had started dating this guy named Julian that went to Morehouse, she had changed. He came from money and was very different from anyone Tania had ever messed with and she tried her hardest to fit into his lifestyle.

The scenery was beautiful and ' get it together ' by India.arie played on the speaker, it was a vibe

" Adryian " She yelled in that annoying voice of hers that Adryian lowkey missed. She pulled her in for a tight hug " I'm so glad you could make it, I missed you "

" You know I couldn't miss this  " Adryian replied before they let each other go, she passed her the gift bag from Gucci. " Happy birthday "

" Thankk youuuu " Tania squealed taking the bag from her. Kai cleared her throat and Tania looked up at her " Oop.. Adryian who is this ? " she asked taking a good look at Kai

" Tania.. this is Kai , Kai .. Tania "

" Nice to meet you and happy birthday " Kai smiled holding her hand out for Tania to shake it

" Nice to meet you too, thank you " Tania said shaking her hand. She thought Kai was FINEEE. " Are you two... you know ?" She asked pointing at them both, Adryian and Kai both had the shit face.

" Oh no " Adryian laughed awkwardly " We're just friend's "

" Mhmmm " Tania said sounding not too convinced. She showed them around and where everything was before eventually leaving them alone together.

" This work is beautiful " Adryian smiled looking over a painting of a dock at night time. She took a sip of her glass of wine.

" You're beautiful " Kai said standing back admiring her. Adryian's eyes widened and she looked at her. " Adryian I can't fight it anymore, I want more.. i want you " she said " I see the way you look at me and I know you want me too and if you're not ready I'm willing to wait for you. I just felt like I should tell you "

It was no use in fighting it, Adryian did feel the same but she wasn't ready to give herself up to someone that way yet. She didn't want to get involved too deeply just to get let down again " Nakaila.. "

" Look " Kai said cutting her off " you don't have to give me an answer right now. Ima' let you sleep on it and think, just be honest with me when you figure out your answer. Okay? "

Adryian let out a deep breath " Okay ". She placed a hand on the side of Kai's face and kissed her softly on the cheek as Kasuan watched from afar without her knowing. When Adryian turned her head Kasuan quickly disappeared.