66.

Two months later

" I'm gone call you tonight and tell you how it goes." Brandon said before shutting the passenger door and facing Kasaun. Tonight he was planning on proposing to Renae finally.

"Bet." Kasaun responded, opening his car door. " Don't forget what I told you about what we doing for Aria's birthday-" Kasaun stopped in the middle of his sentence, noticing a black car speeding down the block. He was on alert 24/7 with Brandon after finding out he was beefing with some niggas over some dumb shit.

"Get down!" Kasaun yelled at Brandon who took too long moving, the window rolled down and a round of shots was let off into his body.

An hour later

Adryian pulled up to her Aunt Nicole's apartment to drop off Kennedy at Brandon's house and noticed the different expensive cars that packed the parking lot, giving it barely any entrance or a way out. A bunch of men and a few women stood on Brandon and Renae's porch, with sullen looks on their faces. Renae held onto another man, balling like baby while some of the hardest men that hung with Kasaun were consoling each other.

Adryian and Kennedy immediately began to realize what was going on but they wouldn't come to terms with it. They quickly got out the car and walked over to Kasuan who was leaned up against his car.

"What happened?" Adryian asked Kasaun, who hadn't let the death of his close friend set in.

" Brandon is dead" He spoke blandly, with no type of emotions." He got shot."

" My Brandon ? " Adryian asked feeling a lump in her throat. Kennedy placed a hand over her mouth and started to cry, her heart was shattered. She didn't want to believe it, her dad was her best friend.

" Yeah." Kasuan nodded. He was going through it the most, this was the nigga he grew up with, shared many of his secrets with, he was his brother. " Sorry for your lost " he said

Kennedy was speechless, she quickly rushed over to her house to where her mom was at, her mom greeted her with open arms and they cried in each other's arms.

Adryian couldn't help the fact that she was overly emotional these days being pregnant, but this was serious. Her cousin was gone. She felt exactly how she felt the night her older brother died all those years ago and her heart was broken. It was unbelievable, The last person she would expect to be gone was Brandon. This was a major lost for the hood and everybody was gone feel it.

" Come here." Kasaun said pulling her close to him, Adryian accepted the comfort, wrapping her arms around him and let out a loud cry. Brandon was a good guy when he wasn't loving on different bitches all at once, he was a good friend and dad to Kennedy, everybody loved him, It was impossible not to. It hurt Kasuan to hear Adryian cry the way she did, he knew she was hurting way worse than him so he just had to ignore his feelings right now and be there for her.

*****

Adryian was depressed and this was a different kind of depression which was a scary sight for everyone around her. Today was the day she wasn't ready for, Brandon's funeral. She stood in her bathroom doing her morning routine. She struggled to get ready, every time she looked at her self in the mirror she had to fight back tears. She sat down at her vanity and did her hair in a middle part, slick back low bum and she didn't bother to do her make up.

Adryian and Kasuan didn't speak to each other much, they were both handling the situation the best way they knew how. Silence. Which wasn't healthy but it worked for them. Kasuan stood infront of the long mirror looking over how he looked in his suit and adjusting the silver watch on his wrist.