Chapter 8 : Question & Answer

The dance is tonight.

To say I'm 'excited' would be the understatement of the year.

"Thanks again for letting me borrow your dress, Megan," I said.

She smiled, "No problem. And I have to say, it looks ten times better on you than it did on me."

I twirled the dress slightly and watched it spin in the mirror.

Not to sound completely self-absorbed, but I did look good. The dress was made from a silky material that fit me well. It had many layers of white silk that flowed down to the purple lining at the bottom. It wasn't sparkly or flashy; it didn't grab your attention. It was just a simple dress. And it matched my style perfectly.

"Now, we go on to the shoes," Megan instructed sitting me down on her bed.

I looked at the silver flats I had on, "What's wrong with my shoes?"

"You can't wear flats to a formal dance," she answered, as if everyone knew that. "You have to wear heels."

"But I don't own heels."

"That's why I'm here, isn't it?" Megan went to her closet and pulled out two metallic purple heels.

I put them on and, surprisingly, I could actually walk in them. "Thanks, Megan!"

"What would you do without me?" she laughed.

"Wow, Noelle, you look fantastic!" Megan's mom walked into the room.

I smiled, "Thank you, Mrs. Taylor!"

"Hey girls, I'm looking for Megan. Have you seen her?" Mrs. Taylor asked.

Megan and I share a look, "Uh Mom?" Megan waved. "I'm right here."

"OH! I thought you were Natalie!" I saw Megan roll her eyes. "Megan, I have a job for you."

"Sure, what is it, Mom?"

"The vampires are having their annual Under Starlight Dance tonight, so they won't be able to send anyone to watch the sorcerers. That means us werewolves have to send double to guard." They've been guarding Jonah and the sorcerers? I didn't know that.

"So you want me to guard?" Megan asked, obviously hating her new job.

"No," Mrs. Taylor said, "We want you teenagers to babysit all the kids while we're gone."

Megan groaned silently before faking a smile, "Sounds great!"

"Okay, thanks Natalie!" Mrs. Taylor called as she walked away.

"IT'S MEGAN!!!" Megan shouted. I laughed at the hilarity of it all.

"I can't believe you mom gets you and Natalie confused," I said.

She nodded, "And it's not just my mom. My dad calls us the wrong names too. And so do our teachers and the neighbors and everyone. You are like the only one who can tell us apart."

"But that's ridiculous," I said. "You two aren't even identical twins!"

"I know!"

I laughed even harder, "I don't get how people would get confused. You and Natalie barely even look alike. The only thing you guys have in common is your blonde hair. Lindsey and I look just as alike as you do and we're not even related! I never get called Lindsey."

Megan just shook her head. "Well, if I keep getting called Natalie, pretty soon I'll burst!"

Mr. Taylor walked in just then and said, "Have you seen my glasses?"