Chapter Three; Bastards

The police are still on my tail, so I decided to do some fun things with them. I turn left into a short alley that the authorities would easily corner me in but due to my motorbike speed they couldn't.

"Now I have you on my tail, it's time to cause a bit of a ruckus around here." I harshly turned my bike a bit to the right, knocking off some crates over to block the way.

The car screeches and stops due to the road being blocked by debris of the crates that were once full of fruits but now scattered around the floor.

"What a waste." one of the officers mumbled.

I make multiple turns around corners or alleys to confuse the authorities. Luckily I was far enough to hide into another dirty alleyway without getting caught by the sight of the cops. Once they passed, I emerge into the light and made my way to save Tzuyu.

-karaoke bar-

I was one step outside of the entrance of the bar. Loud music was playing and it echoed throughout the area.

It was a bit of a suspicious bar since the windows were covered up with worn-out menus along with newspapers but light managed to seep out of the small holes of the papers. The light was changing into multiple colours like when you're in a club.

I breathed in and enter the karaoke bar. As expected, it was more of a club than some fun sing-along business.

It was huge in the inside and it was packed with people, most of them were young.

"Got a reservation?" A tired emo guy behind a small counter asked.

"We serve food but you must pa-"

"I don't have a reservation but can I still get in?" I sternly spoke.

"Yeah, but it's more expensive." He mediocrely answered.

I slam down fifty dollars worth of cash on the counter, "Is this enough?" I hurriedly spoke.

"Meh. Sure, go right in." I zoom away and immediately went to the karaoke section nearby.

I take a look back at my phone, I was near but I had to guess which room they were in. I took quiet steps and listened carefully to the familiar voices of the boys.

Faint yells and laughter were all I heard but it gave me a hint. I swiftly run down the hall, going to the very end and placing my ear at the door of the very last room of the corridor.

"You think he's going to come here and save these pussies?" One of them said. The voices we're very familiar and I was sure that it was them.

"He'll come! He's my brother after all!" Tzuyu spoke loudly.

"Ha, stepbrother you meant." One of the boys laughs.

I gritted my teeth and took a step back. I lift my leg up and kicked the door down with all of my strength, "Happy to see me, bastards?"

I charge at them, pushing the bulky one towards the couch. After, I briskly grabbed a chair and hit the other one harshly on the head.

"Retards." I cussed under my breath until I got attacked from behind.

He wrapped his arms around my neck, ready to suffocate me with his bulky arms, "You know. Your stepsister is hot."

I run back towards the wall, crushing the man behind me making him loosen his grip around me. The other one, who's thinner than the other guy tries to get up, although he gets a hard kick in the face. Knocking him out cold while blood gushes out his nose.

"Y/n!" Tzuyu rushes towards me with open hands and cries on my shoulder. Tzuyu's friends followed and embraced me too, as a thank you.

"I told you to be careful." I hugged Tzuyu tighter. 

"T-they were doing drugs right in front us, they tried to force us to take i-it but C-Chaeyoung..." Tears streamed down her cheeks.

"S-she got hit a-and I-"

"Shhh, everything is alright," I assured her.

"I'll take you guys home."

-tomorrow-

It was the weekend and despite violating a few laws last night, I was able to get off the hook thanks to Tzuyu having my back, along with the fact that the boys were fugitives that the police were searching for months now.

I sigh deeply as I relax on the couch, "Tzuyu-ah, just go out with your friends and bring pepper spray next time, okay?"

"Yeah, yeah." She spoke as she ate ramen.

"Also, remember mom is coming in a few weeks, I think."

She just grunts as a response, I shrugged and averted my attention towards the television screen. It was on the kingdom news channel and a lot of things have been happening lately, like the next heir that was going to rule the empire, the crime incident from last night.

"I look like a hero," I mumbled quietly as the screen shows videos of me fighting in the past few days.

Suddenly, I think about the past. The number of lives I took just for the sake of the country that wouldn't even exist anymore because of how the world works today.

I'm no hero...

845 words