Chapter Sixteen; Sweet Freedom

"Follow me."

Those heart fluttering words made something spark inside me. It grows as Sana's grip tightens on my wrist. Her eagerness for freedom and her elegant hair swinging from side to side makes my heart beat faster than ever before. 

This feeling is so new, it's unknown and dangerous. Could this new feeling be a sign? A sign telling me that I've fallen for her? I could only gaze at her like a puppy. Perhaps, I did.

"Ack-" I accidentally bump into Sana. I didn't notice that she stopped running. Being stuck in your thoughts is quite dangerous. 

I look at her strangely. She was peeking from the corner. "Sana, what are you doing?" I asked as I try to take a look on what she's spying on. 

As I was about to ask another question, she quickly twirls around and covers my lips. She raised her other hand towards her face. She brings her first finger up to her lips, a sign to be quiet. 

I only nodded. After, she carefully removes her hand and went back to peeping. I follow and got a slight look on what she was peeking at. It was another corridor, but it was an open one. It leads to the front entrance, where all the main stairs are which leads to the guests rooms. 

This part of the palace was guarded by at least four knights. This really complicates things. "Why are we going through the front entrance? It's basically heavily guarded, " I spoke, but Sana shook her head. 

"We aren't going through the front, there's another exit at the other side of the palace." Sana points ahead, "But we're going to get easily caught if we just waltz right through this corridor."

"So, do we need a distraction?" I said. "A fairly big one to get those two guards out of the way." She points at the two knights stationed near a wall. "Won't those two start doing patrol or something?" I whispered. 

"Yeah, but we'll have to wait like an hour for them to start moving, " Sana sighs. I raise a brow. How does she know that knight's schedules? 

"How do you know that they'll start moving by that time?" I question with a suspicious gaze. Sana glances at me with a flushed look on her face. "I just d-do!" She tried to yell at me using a quiet tone. 

I laugh silently. "Were you seeing someone back then?" I teased. I received a light hit from a flustered royal. "I w-wasn't seeing a boy back then, you're being ridiculous." Sana said. 

"OoOo, it's a boy?" 

"Just shut up!" Sana sighed.

"Let's get back at the task at hand, Y/n. We need to get through those two guys."  She mentioned. I thought about a plan to get through them, but there was only one idea. Magic. 

I could try to use magic on them, but I haven't gotten the hang of them. I might accidentally destroy the whole palace if I did. So, that idea was scratched out. I sighed, I plummet on to the smooth marble floor.

I glance towards a nearby window. The sun was setting slowly, but the most of the pretty view was blocked by some hanging greenery. A few pretty flowers sprouted from it. For some reason, it puts me to ease. It was strange.

I squint at those flowers. It seemed familiar, a bit too familiar. Was it because Sana is able to control nature? Or was it the mall incident, where I was engulfed in tree roots and flowers? Wait, flowers? The flowers!