Chapter ten; disaster

Sana widened her eyes in fear and shock. "W-where?" She looked around frantically.

"At the cafe across from us, " I pointed. Sana stepped towards me, trying to shield herself with my body.

She was terrified. "Let's go." We moved swiftly towards a crowd ahead.

Where to go?

We got pushed out of the swarm and managed to be at the other side, "It's like a barrier. We should be able to get some distance from that guy if we continue moving."

We turned at a corner and found ourselves at the food court. It was crowded as well.

I dragged Sana towards a table in the far corner of the court. "Stay here, okay? I'll go order some food." As I was about to leave, Sana gripped on to my wrist.

Her sparkling eyes and her scared expression told me that she didn't want to be left alone. I held her hand and set it on the table, but I still held on to it. I gave a reassuring look.

"I'll get you fries and a drink. Does that sound good?" Sana didn't respond for a minute until she nodded.

I caress her soft hand before leaving to get food. As I wait inline, I glance over to Sana.

S

he was playing with her fingers and her hair to kill some time. Sana looked pretty from afar. Her beautiful brown hair suited her well.

"Excuse me, sir? Are you ready to order?" An employee said.

"O-oh right, sorry about that, " I chuckled nervously then gave my order. I waited at the further side of the counter.

I arrived back at our table while holding a tray with our food on top. Sana gave a small smile, then began to munch on the fries.

Her face lightens. It made me happy to see Sana smiling again. This moment gave us a break from running away. I was happy about that, but a thought reminds me of the cloth the creep left behind.

I have a feeling that this cloth has something to do with Sana somehow. Although, I had another feeling that I might be ruining this moment if I asked about it.

But it was important. I argue with my thoughts until I finally settle on a decision. "Y/n?" My eyes darted towards Sana.

"Do you have something to tell me?" My heart stopped.

How did she know that I was about to tell her something?

Something felt weird but I ignored it. It might be that I was being obvious about it.

"Yeah, I... That guy— no..." I fumble with my words. I didn't know how to tell Sana that creepy guy was in the palace and dropped a strange-looking cloth.

"Just tell me," Sana spoke.

I gazed into her beautiful eyes. I sucked a breath in, "There's this cloth that creep dropped inside the palace." My voice dropped quieter every word I spoke.

Sana tried to keep her composure, "Show me the cloth."

I gulped. I dug into my pocket and pulled out the cloth. I placed in the table, then pushed it to show Sana.