Chapter Four; veteran returns

It was a normal and breezy afternoon on a Friday. Three days after that incident with Tzuyu, so now she has to carry pepper spray with her everywhere she goes.

I walk to the fridge but to my demise, there was nothing to eat. It was only mere bottled sauces that were half empty along with a few drinks, "I guess I have to go to the markett and buy shit."

I grabbed a pair of socks and didn't bother to grab a jacket since it was nice out. I fixed my hair a bit and scanned my body through the mirror.

"It's been a while since I wore black shorts and a comfortable t-shirt," I muttered to myself.

I walked outside and headed towards the crowded street market near the kingdom square which was a little far on foot, although I didn't want to use my loud ass motorbike on this peaceful day.

I greet people on the way and they smile back. While walking there, a few female teenagers were whispering about me. I could barely hear a word that they were saying since they were squealing so much but they seemed to be admiring me.

"oh my gosh, isn't that the guy on social media? He's so hot in person!" A girl whispered loudly.

"I know right!" I become flustered by their compliments and swiftly passed by them with my eyes darting towards the ground.

"Teenagers these days..." I covered my face with the palm of my hand.

-street market-

I arrive at the market and smile happily at the low prices that the tags display at each stall. Even though it was crowded here almost every day it was a great way to save money because of the retail stores rising prices of their products. 

While looking around, I see someone familiar at the corner of my eye. I turn around to that direction but no one was there it was just a bunch of strangers in one place, "Weird.." I mutter.

I minded my own business and averted my attention back to the fresh watermelons.

-later-

After getting what I got and paying for them, I make my way out of the crowded market but suddenly I felt my shoulder being tapped from somebody behind me. I turn around and met the gaze of Mina.

"Oh, hi!" I exclaimed.

"Weird seeing you here, aren't supposed to be chopping meat?" I lightly scratched my nape out of subtle embarrassment.

"How did you know?" I asked curiously.

"Your co-worker, Sehun told me when I was buying meat at the mart." She answered.

damn that guy.

I chuckle awkwardly, "Well, I'm on my day off right now until Monday." 

"What a coincidence! I'm sure you haven't heard of this event yet, did you?" She handed me a flyer about a competition to become the Princess's guard which was being held inside the palace itself.

"Good thing the event is up from Saturday to Monday," Mina mentions.

My eyes linger on the contents of the flyer, "I don't think I can do this, Mina." Her expression quickly becomes glum.

"Why?"

"The army life is way behind me now. I have a sister to take care of and I have a job to do now. Plus, I don't want to kill anymore." I explained.