Chapter thirteen; Pretty Purple Eyes

I hold my flustered face and tried to calm myself down. "Calm down, Y/n... You have to calm down." I breathed out.

I hear a faint chatter along with steps on the clean hospital floor growing louder.

 "We just need to do a quick check up on Mr. L/n, then he could be discharged. " A warm voice spoke out behind the door. 

"Great! I'll just wait out here." I hear Mina say. Then the door opened. A friendly, smiling nurse appeared in the doorway. 

She walks in while holding a clipboard, "How are you feeling?" 

"I'm feeling better. G-great, actually." I nervously fumble with my words. 

Jesus, Y/n. Get a hang of yourself.

"Better than being hit by a magic force?" The nurse jokes. I gave a small laugh, "Definitely."

"Okay, are you able to sit up?" She asks. I quickly pull myself up and sat straight. "Do you feel any pain, Mr. L/n?" 

"Nope. Nothing in particular, " I said. The nurse glances at me strangely, "Are you sure?" 

"Yes, why?" I questioned. 

"With the amount of force you've taken, an average person would still be in pain. You're supposed to be recovering during this time too." She said. 

"In fact you're not supposed to be awake for another three months. So, how did you recover so quickly?" The nurse looked at me with surprise. 

"I-I don't know," I stammered. 

All of a sudden I started to cough. I coughed uncontrollably. It got to the point where I felt nauseous and dizzy. 

"Mr. L/n, are you okay?" The nurse panicked and tried to help me. 

I felt something drip from the corner of my mouth. I wiped it off and saw the same neon blue liquid from that strange dream on my hands. 

"Is that... Your blood?" The nurse nervously asked. 

"I don't know.." I spoke.

Suddenly, a door slammed open. "Oh my god, Y/n." Mina gasps. She looked like she just got out of a rough fight.

"What happened to you?" I concernedly asked. "Long story short, a gang who uses black magic started to attack. I had to take matters into my own hands, " She sighs. 

I felt my jaw drop, "That's badass."

"Anyways, we need to go before they barge in here, " Mina reminded us. 

"Right," I try to stand up but right after I step on the smooth, clean floor I feel weak in the knees.

"Damn... I can't walk.." Mina comes by my side helps me up. 

I lean on her for support. "You were fine a minute ago, what happened?"  She asks. 

"I don't know.. I started to cough then I felt something drip from my mouth." Mina glances at my stained hand.

 "You started to cough out a glowing blue liquid... From your mouth?" She looks at me with full confusion. "This can't be happening right now. Damn you, Jeong." Mina groans.