Chapter twelve; awake

The loud beeping fills my ears. I glance around with my half-opened eyes. The room I was in was unfamiliar. It was dull and boring. The light blue wallpaper and the open spaces of the room felt strange.

The only thing interesting was the vase placed on a small table beside me. It had colourful flowers in it, along with a pink note beside it. 

I try to sit up and reach the note to read. I read the note while the sun shines through the closed blinds, and paint lines on the ground.

...

I hope you are okay and feeling well. I don't know how long you'll be asleep for, so I'll write down the things that have happened while you were away : )

After putting you asleep, I managed to fight on my own. I was able to deal enough damage to Taehyung, the servant of the dark knight, and made him run away!

Although, I was also roughed up by him. It wasn't as bad as your injuries since I'm different than you. I was hoping to tell you soon, but the time wasn't appropriate. But that's another story I won't dive into to.

After that day, my father was worried and angry. He decided to keep me inside the palace and sent the princes to accompany me. It was boring without you here :(

It was also illogical for him to imprison me in the palace! I was doing fine and survived the attack from Taehyung!

After two days, father started to make adjustments to the army and news blew up about you. You were getting famous. Your sister heard about the news and came by to visit! She was sad and angry with you. While watching from afar, she was shedding tears while you were in a coma.

It was sad and heartbreaking. She left the flowers by your side and came to me. She said that I should keep you company, then she left. It was quite absurd.

Also, another lady came by to visit you. I think her name was Jeongyeon, but she's a mage! Quite an interesting one too. She said that you needed to meet her at the Land of the Royals.

...

I quickly put down the letter. I couldn't finish it with thoughts about the Land of the Royals racing around my head. "Land of the Royals... Meet at the Land of the Royals..." I mumbled to myself.

Surely this is just a coincidence, right? There's no way that I had a dream about it just now. And she's a mage!?

I held my head. It was starting to hurt from all of this deja vu. "I need a break, " I sighed, "I nearly got killed and now some random mage wants to meet me?" 

"Sana got hurt too..." I clench on to the note, "I was supposed to protect to her. Be her bodyguard, but I couldn't even, " I bring my fist down on to my leg, "protect her..." My voice trails off. 

"A mere human like me can't protect shit!" I rip out the wires attached to my body. Tears start to form out of frustration, "What even happened on that day?" I whispered quietly, choking back the tears. 

A little while later, I heard a door creak open. A face popped out, full of worry and pity.

I sit still while tears streamed down my cheek. The person walks towards me then sat on the bed. "Mina..." I softly spoke out.