Chapter Fifteen; Follow Me

Two days have passed since that incident. Mina hasn't talked to me once ever since. We would brush shoulders but never speak a word to each other.  

Her growing hate took over her perspective. I doubt that she would look at me as an ally anymore. I sighed while holding my face with my palms. 

Sitting on the cold concrete stairs in the shade of the open garden, I silently burrow myself in regret and guilt. In the midst of my sorrowful moment, I hear loud caws from ahead. 

A woman with a bag full of bread shows up. The lady picks out pieces of the bun and throws it towards the crows. Eight black birds caw and feast on the crumbs.  

The group waits for more bread to feed themselves. But, two crows aren't following the rest. They were playfully hugging each other? It snuggles so closely to each other that it doesn't pay attention to the food. 

I raise my head up and saw Sana chuckling at those lovebirds. After, she averts her gaze towards me. Smiling so widely, it was as if she was happy to see me. 

It makes my heart flutter. "S-Sana, I thought you were in a meeting with your father and the knights.. Why are you here?" I nervously ask. 

"Well, you're supposed to be in that meeting as well. You're also a knight." Sana walks towards my side. She sits down gracefully and gives me her full attention. 

I chuckle, "I'm no knight.. I'm just a commoner." 

Sana frowns. "Why do you say that?" 

"Knights are courageous and they are noble figures. They are people that others look up to. Unlike me, I'm not full of courage and nobody finds me noble, " I said with a pessimistic tone.

I feel my arm get linked with another. Sana rests her chin onto my shoulder. "Not every knight is a shiny one. Some of them may be looked up too, because they were the light of a person's darkest nights, " She spoke.

"Like how children find their fathers to be like heroes, because he was there for them." Sana's fingers traces my arm. 

"So.. Someone reliable?" I said.

 Sana giggles, then she snuggles closely to my arm. "You could say that." 

I glance at her. She was peacefully staring at those eight crows playing with each other. Then, I hear her shaky quiet voice, "I'm sorry.."

It caught me off guard. "For what? You didn't do anything wrong." I slowly stroke her shoulder.

"I couldn't help it but feel bad that you got hurt.." I hold Sana closer. "It isn't your fault at all, Sana. It was mine actually, " I lightly chuckle. 

"I misjudged how strong he was." Memories flashes back to our disastrous date. 

Kim Taehyung was it? Were those two close? How did he even know that I had powers when it was days ago before I found out? 

I sighed heavily. Why does it seem like everybody knows more about me than I do about myself? Sana gazes at me. She seems like she was contemplating something or deep in thought. 

"Why do you think other people knows more about you?" Sana blurted out. I widen my eyes, "Sana.. How.." 

This happened before. How does she know what I'm thinking about?  Don't tell me she has powers too.. 

Sana tightens her grip around my arm. "You probably realize that I haven't been entirely honest with you, " She said with in a quiet tone.