Chapter eleven; Power

Asleep. I was asleep. I don't remember how or when, but I was strangely relaxed. A feeling tells me that something happened before I went to sleep. But I couldn't pinpoint what happened.

I open my eyes and sat up. I glanced around while gripping onto the ground. "Grass?" I open up my palm and saw the short green reeds. "Where am I?" I stood up and gazed at different directions. 

I was surrounded by forests and there were four paths. Each going through the dense woods, but there were structures in the distance of one of the routes. Factories? No, it looked like there was a city beyond that route. Although, it was the darkest path to go through. 

On the opposite side, there was a brighter route. A path filled with flowers that leads to a tower with a purple roof on it. 

To the left, there was pathway to the mountains. The home of the mountain goats and the cold. Between the mountains was a fresh water stream. 

To the right was a trail to the clouds. It was the most beautiful path of all with the sun setting in that direction. The mix of a bright purple and a warm orange filled the sky. It was the path I wanted to go through, but for some reason my heart felt heavy. 

I felt an unbearable sorrowful feeling when I walked closer to the pretty cloud path. I paused then clenched my chest out of pain. A step closer and tears welled up in my eyes. I continued walking and tried to ignore to pain. 

I reach the entrance of the bright path . Tears fell and the pain got worse. It got to the point I fell on one knee. "Why am I feeling this way?" I asked myself. 

Through the forest I saw a stairway up. It wasn't far but with my condition right now. I don't think I could reach it. 

"What is wrong?" I heard a voice from behind. I turned and saw a young lady with short black hair and a large hat on, "Why are you crying so much?" She asked.

"I don't know..." I said in-between my sobs. 

After, I collapsed onto the ground. I tried to pull my body up, but I was too busy making a puddle of tears onto the patch of grass. "It's too painful!" I yelled out. 

I couldn't handle it anymore. "Why would you choose that path? You know where it leads to, right?" I felt a hand on my shoulder. 

"I.. Don't.." The lady put her hands onto my cheeks. She forced me to gaze into her eyes, "You'll be leaving this place forever if you go to this path." 

"I'm surprised that you'd even go this way. I've watched you from the very beginning till now and you've never wanted to leave." 

I continue crying, "I don't understand. I don't even know who you are!" 

She sighs, "When the time comes you will know who I am. Just not right now." 

The woman finally lets go of my cheeks and helped me up. She led me away from the cloud route. The further I was away, the less miserable pain I felt. 

"Here, " She forces me to sit on the grass, "Let's stay here for awhile." The lady sat down beside me, then smiled. 

I gained my composure then spoke up, " What did you mean by I'll leave forever if I continue going down that path?"

" I thought it would be obvious," She rested her chin onto her hand, "It's the path to heaven." 

I paused in unpleasant shock. "That is why you feel pain here, " Her finger touched the centre of my chest, " Your heart didn't want to leave, because you would leave someone special behind."

Suddenly, memories started to flood in. "Someone special?" I question. The lady looked at me strangely, "It's someone you always think about or you look forward to."

Thoughts Sana started to fill in, then the latest memory flashed on my mind. I glanced around in panic, " This isn't actually real, right?" Everything started to rumble. 

"So, you figured it out, " The woman stood up, "Don't worry, I won't hurt you." 

"You just need to wake up, right?" I furrowed my brows in confusion. 

The ground parted and cracks start to form. The earthy ground started to split, but the roots of the strong trees nearby kept it from parting away any further. I looked at the woman in terror, "What's happening!?" 

"Calm down, it's just you realizing that this isn't real. Just like when a dream starts to crumble when you realize it's all in your head, " She held my hand and pulled me close to her body. 

"We'll meet again and I'll tell you everything, but before you go I need to go give you something. " She pulled my neck and leaned in close. Her lips touch mine, giving a short kiss. 

Then, she pulled away. While smirking, she placed her palm onto my chest and pushed me away. I stagger to the side, then a strange looking liquid started to drip from my mouth. I rubbed off the liquid of the corner of my lips and saw a neon blue substance on my thumb. 

"Consider it a gift. You might need it someday," The young lady smiled innocently. 

"Wha.. What?" Suddenly, a glowing red arrow appeared on my sweaty palm and a sword was on my other hand. I look at the woman in front of me for support, "You'll need some practice but you will become the greatest noble in history." 

"What is this!? I need answers!" I shouted angrily.

She sighed, "You will find out when you wake up." The lady starts walking towards me. She opens up her hand and a long sword starts to materialize on the face of her palm. 

I take a few steps back while she starts to walk towards me, "I'll see you in the land of the royals." The woman starts to charge at me with her pointy blade aiming at my body. 

I gasp, the blade pierces through me. Blood starts to gush out and I begin to lose my balance. I collapse on to the dirt, then start to lose my consciousness. 

The lady bends down near me. Her mouth moved and smiled. I couldn't hear what she said, but it didn't matter now. I close my eyes and hope that all of this was just a dream.

1096 words 

Author's note: whoop, here's another update. School is being an ass lately and my teacher said that there will be another fucking project. So, I might be busy and miss a few updates like last week. I just wished my teacher would just give us a test and get it over with ugggghhhhh.