Epilogue

2 YEARS LATER

Kim Taehyung's POV :

I stepped out of my house as I close the door behind me. Bright sun rays blinded my eyes causing me to squint them to adjest to the sudden light.

It was another normal Saturday in the spring, which means a day off for me. But I still had to go for the lectures in the weekdays. People were walking here and there on the street trying to reach their destinations. Probably they all were going to spend the day out even though that was a no for me.

I put a step forward, joining myself among them. I inhaled a deep breath; it was fresh. Well obviously spring breeze is the best stress relief. You can forget almost everything with just a one breath.

I was heading towards my everyday usual destination. Cherry blossom trees on the sideways were filled with beautiful pink flowers. And the streets were filled with cherry blossom petals causing them to look like flowery paths.

And people happen to walk over crushing those smooth petals unknowingly; just like how my life was flowing.

2 YEARS AGO

"HWA YOUNGAH LOOK OUT!! HWA YOUNGAH NOOOOOOOOOOOO"

Suddenly she tripped on her own foot, falling her off the edge within the next second that I screamed out helplessly.

I didn't even have time to think any further that I rushed out to the ground. I was having heavy breathes, while beads of sweats were rolling down the side of my temples as I climbed down the long stairway.

My eyes automatically started streaming out tears even more when I finally spotted her body, laying on the ground. Blood was gushing out of her head creating a pool of blood around her. She had her eyes opened, but didn't have enough strength to blink that she was staring blankly at nothing in particular.

"Hwa Youngah~ please don't let your eyes shut please, you need to get a grip on yourself Hwa Youngah~" I pulled myself down near the pool of blood holding her hands that she was trying hard to move.

I saw she wanted to speak yet she couldn't move her lips. So many people had flocked around us in terror not knowing what to do.

This is my fault!
I was the one took her up there!
This is all my fault, this would've never happened if I didn't take her there! What am I supposed to do now?! How am I gonna pay for this?!

I heard so many voices of myself inside my head putting the whole blame on me. I felt like dying right at the moment that my hands were shaking with the fear.

In another brief second, a few nurses rushed to the scene with a trolly and carefully put her motionless body on it. I slowly pulled myself up to follow them like a lunatic who forgot to take his shot.

I kept holding onto her small hands, giving her reassuring strokes. They still felt so warm than any other day that I never wanted to let go of them. But eventually I had to let go, when they rushed her inside the Emergency Room.

Even if I knew that I have to wait until they come out, I still didn't know whether I should sit and take some deep breaths or busy myself walking here and there. And I couldn't stop myself being a crusty ass for putting the whole thing on me.

I waited a good few minutes, that her mom dashed towards me. She was crying like a whale running left and right clueless.

"What happened to my baby?!?! Is she gonna be okay ah?! Tell me what happened?!?!" She tried breaking inside the emergency room but two nurses held her tightly failing all her effort.