The Underground|Part 16

Flashback~

                   (F/n)'s P.O.V

Levi looked back at us and told us he was going back to commander Erwin. He looked at me and winked. I smiled at him. I could see his lips twitch upwards a little bit. He left and we kept headed foward.

______________________________________

Present time~

                    (F/n)'s P.O.V

We kept heading foward and then we hitched our horses and then we switched to the ODM gear. Along the way Gunther and Oluo told Eren that he shouldnt have underestimated them.

                    Levi's P.O.V

   I used my gear to manuever through the trees. I made it to where Erwin and the female titan were. "Looks like she's stopped," I tell Erwin as I watch the female titan struggle to get out of the trap.

  "We must not drop our guard yet. Im very impressed you managed to lead her here," He told me.

   "The credit all goes to the rear squad members who gave their lives fighting her. They bought us time. It would have been impossible otherwise. Thanks to their sacrifices......... we get to see whos inside this one's nape. Their probably shitting themselves inside there," I start to draw my blades.

    "Levi wait........ We need to be extra cautious." He said to me. He looked out and yelled," Waves 2 and 3! Fire!!! Use the reserves too!" The cadets started shooting out titan traps to be more careful.

                    (F/n)'s P.O.V

     We were camping out on a tree when Eren suddenly blurted out:
"Wait.... Do you think its a little odd for the Captain and Commander to keep someone this important away from you guys. I understand keeping it from me and the rookies, but you guys too?! I mean you guys have been scouts for a long time!" Eren questioned.

"Tch. You're so annoying." Oluo said.

"Are you suggesting that the commander and the captain dont trust us?!" Petra yelled.

"N-no, but that's what this means, doesn't it?!" Eren fought back.

"Petra! Knock out his teeth!" Oluo yelled while pointing his blade at Eren.

"Quit that. Erens right." Eld said calmly.

"Huh?!" Oluo lowered his blade.

"The captain must've had a reason for not trusting us implicitly," Eld continued, "There's only one reason he couldn't trust his comrades. There's someone in the regiment who can either turn into a titan or is working as a sort of spy for them."

   "A spy? Are you sure?" Gunther asked.

    "At the very least, the commander must believe so. I assume the only soldiers informed of this operation were the ones who survived five years ago." Eld said.

"I see...... So that's why......" Gunther muttered to himself.

"Yep, thats gotta be it. Get it, Eren? That's what's goin' on." Oluo said.

"Mm. In that case, it couldn't be helped. Five years ago was when the first wall fell. Could they be using that fact to narrow down suspects on the assumption that's when the spy got inside."

I just leaned on a tree, my eyes closed. I was listening to every word this converstaion held.

"Does this mean this person killed Sawney and Beane too?"