Prologue: - F a m i l y -

It was normal for siblings to end up being in the same house as one another, however there was one family in the early 70's that created a first in Hogwarts history by having a child sorted in EACH house.

Mother and father, Glynis Ford and Andrew Lysander met in their first year at Hogwarts in 1952; Glynis was in Gryffindor and Andrew was a Slytherin. Despite the reputation between the two houses, it didn't stop their friendship and eventually their relationship. During their time at school, they made unintentional efforts to mix and involve themselves with different people and houses, embracing the many personalities, cultures and interests of others, thus the start of their family.

Due to their diversity in knowledge, love and people, they had 4 wonderful children all of whom were bright and interesting characters.

Benjamin, the eldest. A brave and cool Gryffindor. He is also one half of a twin! He was the voice of reason at the best of times and if not the voice of reason, he was the loudest voice. He was a favourite amongst teachers and students, girls and mothers. Like his father, he was tall and lean but held substantial good looks. With tousled dark brown hair, a Freddie Mercury mustache and warm brown eyes, he was a favourite face around the school.

Georgia, the first girl. An oversensitive yet wise Ravenclaw. She was the other twin. Despite being 3 minutes younger than her brother, she wouldn't let you forget that she was the boss. Though she wasn't the loudest, her actions spoke louder than words ever could especially when it came to school. She was short tempered and blunt but would provide any answer you needed, should you grovel for it first of course. With frizzy strawberry blonde hair, chocolate brown eyes, a curved figure, and a toothy smile, you wouldn't have guessed she was Benjamin's twin.

Nora, the 'middle' girl. A bright, quirky, misunderstood fluff ball Hufflepuff. Unlike her siblings, she would always be outside in the mud, feeling adventure instead of writing or telling stories about it like her elders. Considering there was a reputation of Hufflepuffs making LOADS of friends due to their over friendly nature, Nora tried to keep to herself as much as she could. She was considered one of the shy Hufflepuff's, but was still just as enthusiastic. She bore sun-kissed freckles, mousy brown waved locks and the darkest green eyes imaginable. Although at times she felt the loneliest, she was a favourite amongst most boys - she was just too blind to see and too scared to trust just anyone.

Lastly: Deanna, the youngest. A sarcastic, sly yet lovable Slytherin. She could truly get away with murder without even trying. Like her brother, she had a way with people and was considered the 'cool kid' of the younger bunch by keeping up with the latest trends, lingo and knew how to get anyone to agree with her. It was a 'talent' of hers. With striking dark hair, very long legs, dark brown eyes and a cheeky smirk, she was the spitting image of her mother.

Together the four children made history in being sorted in separate houses, shocking students and staff with each sorting! The first was the twins, an unusual sorting for the hat to separate twins but it was done. The next year was Nora sorted into Hufflepuff and after shortly learning that there was one more Lysander, it was an exciting moment for everyone in Hogwarts when Deanna arrived and was sorted in Slytherin.

One Lysander in each house.

History was made.

The twins were now in their final year, Nora starting her 6th year and Deanna was a little younger so was starting her 4th year.

This story however follows dear Nora Lysander, who out of her siblings felt she was the most 'unusual' of the bunch. Her siblings all had birthdays in the winter whereas she was a bright summer baby, they all had their mothers brown eyes apart from Nora who was given her fathers unusual dark green eyes and as a family they got on, yet at times she would feel like she was somehow slightly left out or completely different despite the fact the Georgia looked the most unlike them all.

As mentioned before, Nora was unsure at times about who she viewed as a close friend but there was one she connected with the most: Lily Evans; the most sweetest yet strong willed chick who funnily enough caught Nora on their first day of school. They were on the Hogwarts platform when she was knocked over by a group of excited boys; Lily pulled a plaster from her bag, placed it on Nora's bleeding knee and ran after the boys, screaming her head off for them to watch where they were going. She knew she found a life long friend.

Now approaching her 6th year, changes were going to happen and it was going to rush her off her feet quickly.

And so the story begins.

(A/N - so as you can see, this is Nora in the picture. I'm OBSESSED with FaceApp, merged my face and Hermione's together and it made this! Was so shocked that I just couldn't help but use that as a character picture instead of search for hours for a photo of the description I was going for! Also, a small fun fact; I do in fact have 3 siblings and we are all in different houses! So cool! :D

Enjoy, comment and share!)