25. H a p p y - B i r t h d a y

Standing before a mirror in the room of requirements, the gangs little hide out over the previous months, she gently pressed her graduation robes down, observing how much she had grown and was looking at someone entirely different in front of her. A face appeared behind her, arms snaked around her front and let their bearded chin rest upon her shoulder.

"Happy Birthday princess..." His somber husk purred by her ear, his sleepy eyes gazing longingly at hers as they swayed together, watching themselves embrace, never knowing how often they can.

"I'm not a princess" He mimicked her before a breath could escape from her mouth. Nora's angelic laughed warmed him, and the others around them as they were putting their robes on.

Turning, she placed her hands to his cheeks and grinned.

"Exactly that." Her brows suddenly dipped "These robes are itchy"

"Being a dog is worse. Checkmate" 

The doors opened, catching everyones gaze and breaths hitched. It was time. A moment they all didn't want. They wanted to go back to the start. Day one, the first stride down the great hall and the anxious waiting of houses to be sorted into. Nodding, McGonagall informed that it was time to gather with the rest of the graduating students and take their last walk. 

Squeezing hands, Sirius let go and walked besides the boys, Nora walking beside the girls. 

Nora was greeted with many birthday wishes, lightening the mood of the day. 

That morning at breakfast, the Daily Prophet printed the worst figures yet on the attack of muggles and muggleborns since Voldemort's rise at the beginning of the year. 900 murdered, 1,300 attacked and captured. Needless to say it put a damper and very sour taste to what should have been a big day of celebration. But in light of events, they were grateful that they remained safe behind those walls and nothing was going to ruin it.

Now lined in two rows; girls to left, boys to the right, they took hands with their partners and watched at the Great Hall doors opened. The Hogwarts March began and together, for the first time in her life, Nora was proud that she was finally part of something big and will been seen for her and what's she's done for this school. Reaching behind them as they walked, Nora, Sirius, James and Lily, held each others hands, the biggest smiles on their faces. 

- - - - - - 

The celebration ceremony was nearing the end, tears, smiles and bundles of laughter floating in the air.

Making his last speech, Dumbledore stepped up to the podium.

"I would like to invite our head boy and head Girl, Mr James Potter and Miss Lily Evans. And I would also like to invite the head representatives of the New Order, Mr Sirius Black and Miss Nora Lysander."

Standing beside her friends, Nora watched the crowd as Dumbledores voice faded away. She drank in every detail of the place, of every face and every memory. It was like a film reel - memories of Sirius and her arguing, the fun girly days out,  the mystery of the spike punch, making love for the first time and the all the hard memories too. 

"And to our wonderful, caring and most importantly brilliant Miss Nora Lysander. Happy Birthday my dear and from the bottom of my heart, thank you for everything you've done for this school - just like your sister and brother before you, you have shown just how much you have meant to the students here and this school also" Dumbledores voice snapped her back to reality, students clapping and cheering.

Looking up at Sirius, she knew that she was ready to finally face it all. 

Look out world.