9. H a l l o w e e n

It was Saturday afternoon and the Room of Requirements was halfway set up for Marlene's Halloween party. Streamers and ribbons of orange and black was twirled around every pillar and hung from any tall area possible. The dance floor was being set up and all hands were on deck. With a clipboard in her hands, Marlene paraded around the room, giving instructions to all the helpers she could lay her hands on. Nora asked to help but naturally the Marauder lads decided to invade. Keeping close to Nora, Sirius helped her and Lily with hanging the huge disco ball, worried it might fall on the girls despite the fact that Lily's levitation charm was the best in the class.

"Black! I like breathing. Can you let me?" Nora muttered, elbowing him slightly as the three of them raised their wands to keep the large flash ball above them steady. Flushing slightly, Sirius side stepped away but felt the natural urge to go back to his position. From the last time he had a talk with himself about his unusual feelings, he started to experience weird moments of a strange magnetic force towards her and kept trying to run from it, but unwillingly it wouldn't go away.

After setting the disco ball in place, the girls walked away to help Marlene with another task. Sirius folded his arms and leaned against one of the decorated pillars, watching the girls have fun as they decorated. A hand pressed on his shoulder, catching Sirius' attention.

"You've been staring at little Lysander a whole lot lately. I know she's your class partner and all but no-one stares that much..." James folded his arms also, mirroring his friends actions. "Crush?"

"Don't be stupid Prongs! Lysander's just an easy wind up, besides, I'm curious to see how red I can make her face before she pops." He snickered, James following along.

"Very true! But let's be honest Paddy my boy, she's not exactly bad looking. She's got all the looks in that interesting family of hers. I'm surprised you haven't tried to convince her for a 'cupboard cuddle' yet!" He shrugged, he too watching the girls rush around, eyes glued on Lily and his mind drifted to the idea of a 'cupboard cuddle' with her. Needless to say, he unfolded his arms and dropped them down to his front...

"Let's not forget who her brother is... I'd like to live to my 7th year. Perhaps when he's gone, I'll give it a go!" Sirius muttered, keeping it cool and low.

"BOYS! Stop gossiping and help Remus with the speakers! Gits." The booming and authoritative echo of Lily's voice caught them like a sharp wind.

"Yes darling!" James rolled his eyes and dragged his friend away.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Shame it's only 5th years and above. Deanna's friends were PISSED that Marlene already made an exception for her and they couldn't come!" Georgia shouted over the loud music to her other siblings on the dance floor.  

"It's because we're royalty, Georgia!" Ben chimed in. The sisters looked at him, unimpressed by his ego driven thinking and it had been happening a lot from him lately.

"It's because we're given unreasonable special treatment you narcissist." Nora sighed, shaking her head. Ben glared at her and walked away to find someone else to talk too. Nora walked over to a pillar and looked around.

She surveyed the view, watching the sea of dressed up students enjoy the loud Halloween party. She loved the ideas of costumes, although the majority of who people were dressed as were completely cliché. The large minority of the boys were dressed as Merlin the Great and girls... well, slutty versions of who they already were. She caught familiar faces in her scan, rolling her eyes again at how pretentious and perverted some of her male class mates were, including Sirius Black. Nora's view bounced to an unexpected sight on the dance floor; James and Lily dancing near each other and there was no visible frown upon Lily's face. She looked like she was starting to relax!