12. N e w Y e a r

(a/n - another of the merge pictures! it's SO FUN! download FaceApp and merge with your face hogwart's student!)

Nora's 6th year came and left in a blur. She worked hard in lessons, worked hard in her school clubs and exceeded in the department that was life. By May, Sirius and Nora were finishing their last assessment prep work for transfiguration in the back grass courtyard, rolls of parchment around them like a sea surrounding an island. Sirius was half way through finishing his explanation to the last subject when they were interrupted. They looked up to see Garrett grinning; Nora grinned back... Sirius rolled his eyes and folded his arms. Carefully helping Nora up and over the sea of homework, Garrett took her to the bench near the huge oak tree, talked a while and finally asked her to go on a date. Due to new confidence, she plucked up the courage to say yes. Sirius felt a cold chill wash over him and a twitch electrocute him from time to time. Being the mean friend he was, Sirius continued to tease Nora about it; even more so after the two of them officially started to date. Sirius refused to believe that it was real and found himself subconsciously trying ways to get her attention. After all, his was starting to understand what he was feeling now...

June came and Nora turned 17, the last out of their group of friends. She was drowned in presents and warm loving wishes, happy and blessed by her friends and loved ones. It was also the month the 7th year graduated and to say the ceremony wasn't one to forget was definitely an understatement;

"And lastly, before our wonderful 7th years depart... Hogwarts is a place where memories and history is made, where friendship and families are born and lastly, were diversity is welcome. We say goodbye to a small moment in history; I'd like to welcome up the Lysander family to join me." Dumbledore clapped, the students following. "Benjamin Lysander. Gryffindor. Georgia Lysander. Ravenclaw. Nora Lysander. Hufflepuff. And Deanna Lysander. Slytherin"

Nora stood and huffed to herself. She slowly walked towards the front of the Great Hall, her friends watching her, giggling and waving. She caught Sirius wink at her, sending a flush of pink to her cheeks. Unsure as to why, she ignored it and met her siblings on stage. She smiled at her brother and sister in their graduation robes. She gave her sister the hugest hug and wiped a tear from her eyes before moving onto her brother. Silence fell upon the hall as the two of them looked at each other. A tear fell from Ben, trying his hardest to keep his composure.

"Stop it... You'll lose your cool." Nora whispered, a big smile on her face. The two of them laughed as she wiped his eyes. He wrapped his arms around her and lifted his small sister in for the biggest hug.

"I honestly don't deserve you as a sister. You care too much about me, even when I fuck up." He muttered against her collarbone as she sniffed.

"Because we're family Benji. I'll never stop loving you." She nuzzled her head on his collarbone also. Putting her down, she adjusted his hat and turned to stand next to her little sister, holding her hand.

"Never in the history of Hogwarts have we had a family from each house. These four students have shown that despite how different they are and how unique they are also; they are family and will always love and take care of one another. I want you to take that away with you, whether you are a returning student or leaving to enter the big world. No matter who a person may be, we are all equal and should love no matter what." The hall clapped and cheered, Dumbledore's speech touching Nora's heart.

Nora learnt the importance of family and was thankful that they grew closer that year. She would miss spending time with all her siblings together, having Lysander days and chatting rubbish all the time and that is why she wanted to spend the whole summer with just them before her last year was to come around.

Summer came and Nora bid farewell to her friends for a while, explaining that she wanted to spend some time with her family. The all gathered at Kings Cross station, saying goodbye to everyone when Sirius caught her before she went to leave. Keeping a tight grip of her hand, he guided her to the side and ducked his head down a little to her ear so she could hear him clearly. "Owl me. Don't go being a stranger on me okay? You annoying toad." She knew he was smirking before she could see it. She nodded, her hair slightly brushing his cheek, sending a shiver down their spines. "Now, go see your boyfriend before he thinks I've kidnapped you." He let go and walked backwards, waving before turning to James and jumping on him for a piggy back ride. Nora watched him with a roll of the eyes before weaving to find Garrett. She hugged him tightly and kissed him happily before departing and onward her summer began.

~~~ Year 7~~~

Once again, Nora danced around the platform, Deanna joining this time as the two of them sang Knowing me, Knowing You by ABBA again at the top of their lungs, attracting the attention from some annoyed and some amused muggles.

"Alright you two, let's boogie on the other platform." Their grinning father chuckled, ushering them towards the wall and like that, they were shaking and dancing on Platform 9 and 3/4

As Nora went to put her sisters and hers luggage with the train guard, Glynis and Andrew pulled their other daughter close them and pulled her into a hug. "Thanks for keeping an eye on her Deedee. It's always good to keep someone distracted when they go through a break up. Mind you..." They all turned to look at Nora to see her smiling brighter than ever.

"...She's SO heartbroken" Deanna laughed, shaking her head. "I'm glad actually! Garrett was nice but come on! Everyone at school can see that Sirius and her are joined at the hip! Although Sirius is a complete prat, me and his brother have a bet to see how long it will take for the two of them to get together; Regulus said next month, I said before Christmas." She rubbed her hands together. Deanna was always the mischievous one and loved to make bets.

Now returning back to her parents, Nora gave them the hugest hug and waited for her mum to give the 'my baby is all grown up speech' like she did with Georgia and Ben. She was half right; "I can't tell you how proud of you I am. I know you've always think you're the odd one out but... out of your siblings, you amaze me everyday and never fail to make me happy." Her mother started to cry, hugging her tightly whilst her father smoothed down her hair, pulling in his daughter and wife. After that tearful goodbye, Nora and Deanna boarded the train and separated to find their friends.

Nora sat alone for sometime, gathering her thoughts of the summer. She really liked Garrett; enjoyed his humour, his wit, how kind he was and patient but he struggled to deal with the fact that Nora was so close to Sirius so suddenly. She reasoned that it was a ridiculous reason to break up but after all the attempts at reasoning, Garrett called it quits. Nora was frustrated but she felt a light pulse in her stomach afterwards, it was almost as if she was relieved. She woke up that morning with a smile on her face and was excited to see her friends again. But for that train ride, she wanted some alone time.