16. L y s a n d e r

(a/n - My favourite merge picture - this was when Emma Watson was playing Belle! Would love to see what I would look like if I was Malfoy! Bet it would look so weird!!)

She sat at her house table, taking the time to eat breakfast for once and watched the owls fly into deliver post. She saw Rex, her family owl, glide around with two letters attached to his talons; one for her and one for Deanna. Putting her spoon down, she opened the letter and rested her head on Ali's shoulder as she began to read, tired still from all the late night exploring she found herself doing recently.  Shooting upwards like a rocket, she stood and looked over at the far side of the hall. In a split second, her sister did the same and the two of them locked eyes before erupting in excited squeals. The hall full of students looked confused at their sudden outburst but carried on as usual.

Dumbledore grinned at the two girls, knowing what had got them so excited. "THANK YOU!" the girls chimed towards their headmaster before running out of the hall and towards the Hospital wing. Pushing through the doors, they screeched again as their eldest sister stood there in her new nurses uniform.

"Hogwarts finest assistant nurse, at your service!" Georgia winked, pulling her sisters into a hug.

"It's been 3 weeks and so much has happened already!" Deanna faked cried, squeezing her sister tightly. Georgia chuckled, taking them to an empty bed to catch up before their lessons started.

- - - - - - - -

"Blimey Nora! I leave you alone for more than 3 weeks and you've got a love triangle! Mind you, you have changed since last year, for the better of course... awww! I'm so proud of you!" Georgia cooed, squishing her cheeks. Nora groaned, trying to swat her hands away and protest.

"It's not a bloody love triangle. It's a Mexican stand off!" Nora huffed, flopping backwards on her back. Georgia rolled her eyes at her dramatic little sister before yanking her back upwards.

"Do you know what the extent of their feelings are for you?" Georgia attempted to reason with her, trying to gather as much information as she could. Nora wobbled her head side to side in a way that said 'sort of'

"Garrett admitted that he loved her. SUPER awkward." Deanna wrinkled her nose, remembering the fight the week just gone. Georgia's smirked dropped to a sad frown, rubbing her sisters back again.

"Ew. It's like Hugo Barker again.... And Sirius?"

"We.. uh.... It's very unspoken but we.... I don't even know but ..." Nora stuttered, trying to find the words without saying the wrong thing.

"They keep getting close to kissing and get interrupted every time. I heard a small rumour that Sirius loves her too. There! Now you know!" Deanna was blunt... very blunt. Nora choked on her breath, her eyes growing ten times the size. Patting her back to help her breathe, Georgia grinned at Deanna, the pair of them nodding at each other.

"Merlin's taint!" Nora felt nervous suddenly but an overwhelming warmth lit up in her. "You sure?"

Deanna nodded, her eyes relaxed and calm as she looked at her sister lovingly. Their relationship had blossomed as the year went on, their unity and dependence for each other was high and to be honest, Deanna didn't mind it too much.

Nora was past the stage of denying to herself that she had a crush on Sirius and as the weeks went on, she found an aching need to be with him and found safety and comfort with him more and more. They talked every day during summer and considering that they were paired to work every day with each other, she was surprised she didn't see it sooner. She wasn't sure when the crush had developed but after she smelt traces of him from the love potion they made at the start of the new school year, she knew there was no going back.

"So.. do you love him back?" Georgia's voice suddenly pulled her out of her trance, her eyes blinking rapidly.

"I'm not gonna deny that I find him attractive and that he makes me smile, he also makes me laugh and I feel safe.... I think I ..." She scrunched up her eyebrows, looking down at her hands and an involuntary frown bestowed her.

"Merlin, you're just adorable! Well, decide if you want him as a boyfriend. Mum is dying to meet him" Deanna patted her cheek and winked before jumping up and striding to out of the hospital wing. Gasping, Nora lunged for her but missed as Georgia grabbed her, laughing hysterically at how easy Nora was to wind up.

- - - - - - - -

Her vision blurred as she stared off into the distance, every incident and memory of him coming to mind as she tried to make sense of it all, wanting to figure it out and deal with the confused feelings settled at the pit of her stomach. Lily watched her, amused by the odd expressions Nora would make every now and then. Lily made notes for the both of them, not wanting to disturb the show in front of her. Lily may be the smartest in the room, but she sure did love to mess with her friends - James had been influencing her ever since the two of them had become close over the summer also, and not to mention their duties as Head Boy and Girl.

Remus nudged Sirius who was trying to explain to Peter for the 9th time the direction in which his wand should go for the incantation they started that lesson. Looking away from Peter with a red face, Remus pointed over to Lily, Poppy and Nora. Sirius' brows shot up and he sat back, wishing he had a snack for the show. "What on earth is going on with her? She looks like she summoning the devil... I didn't know she knew my mother." He snorted, the two of them suppressing their giggles from the professor.

"Lily, save her before the underworld takes her?" James joined in, throwing tiny rolled up balls of paper at Nora to get her attention. With a swift but gentle nudge from Lily, Nora blinked and looked around with a sweet and tired look. Sirius felt his heart melt at how cute she looked.

"Lysander. Psst!" Peter called, grabbing her attention towards the four mischievous looking lads. Her cheeks developed rapidly to a light pink blush, fidgeting in her chair as her eyes locked with the one she was fixated about.

"Dreaming of me, Princess?" Sirius' deep and raspy voice whispered across the room, his arms folded and legs spread cockily again. Nora was beginning to enjoy his habit of it.

"You have no idea" She muttered before rolling her eyes and turned to Lily, squeezing her hand under the table. Quickly writing on the corner of her bestfriends notes, she looked at her with wide eyes and Lily looked back at her with just the same expression after reading the words she thought would never be said about Sirius Black, especially from her

"I think I'm in love with him..?"