chapter nine

(chapter nine, crash and burn

(chapter nine, crash and burn.)

‧͙⁺˚* ☽༓⁺‧͙

WILL BYERS WOKE UP AGAIN, BUT THIS TIME ALONE. he sat up quickly and looked around his room, but didn't see mike anywhere.

will climbed out of bed, balancing himself as he stretched his body. he exhaled deeply before opening his door and walking into the kitchen.

mike sat at a table with a bowl of cereal in front of him as joyce was working in the kitchen.

"good morning, bud." she smiled as she quickly looked over her shoulder.

"good morning." he replied simply, walking into the kitchen and pulling out a bowl. the sight of cereal made his stomach growl.

"i'll fix it for you, you can just go sit if you'd like."

"okay, thank you." will was grateful and went to go sit at the table next to mike.

"you slept pretty late." mike laughed as he brought a spoonful to his mouth.

"i guess i was exhausted. sorry if i kept you waiting too long." will apologized.

"no, it was okay. i just laid there for awhile with you, but i got hungry. i was going to raid your kitchen but saw your mom and she made me a bowl of cereal." mike explained making both of the boys laugh.

joyce brought over another bowl of cereal for will, placing it gently on the table and heading back into the kitchen.

"i was thinking today we could maybe go into the woods today. i found a cool place the other day a little past castle byers." will suggested.

"okay, sounds fun. i'll just have to borrow a jumper of yours or something." mike nodded. "i didn't pack anything because i didn't know i was coming until last minute."

"yeah, that's fine." will was fine with that idea.

mike stood up and brought his empty bowl to the sink. although will wasn't finished, he did the same and emptied out whatever he didn't eat. they walked back to the younger boys room to change.

will rummaged through his closet and found one of mikes jumpers, he grabbed it and pulled it out.

"i actually have this which is yours. i think you might've left it here once and i guess i never returned it until now." will awkwardly chuckled. he knew he had worn it a few times instead of bringing it back at school.

"oh, perfect. thank you. i think i've actually seem this on you one time at school and i guess i didn't notice." mike laughed causing will's face to turn red. "it's okay though, it looked better on you anyways."

mike smiled before heading into the bathroom next door. meanwhile, will's face was heating up and he was blushing. will changed in his room, making sure to contain himself and let his face turn back to its natural color before leaving his room to see mike.

once will left his room, he saw mike patiently waiting. will smiled sheepishly and mike smiled back, tossing his old shirt he was wearing before onto will's bed, ready to go.

"where to?" mike questioned, signaling that he was ready.

"follow me, wheeler." will smiled as he grabbed mike's hand and dragged him into the woods behind his house.

will felt like his hand fit perfectly in mike's and it was all he could've wanted.