chapter ten

(chapter ten, flower boy

(chapter ten, flower boy.)

‧͙⁺˚* ☽༓*˚⁺‧͙

MIKE FOLLOWED WILL WILLINGLY, HAVING NO DOUBT IN HIS MIND TO TRUST THE OTHER BOY. he didn't know where they were off to, but he enjoyed the thrilling look will had and how excited he seemed.

mike tried to enjoy every moment thoroughly, knowing that they wouldn't last. he dreaded the day will would leave him, but he tried to avoid it. he tried to avoid that thought and everything about it.

"look!" will exclaimed cheerfully, pointing at the stream that was far out from behind his house and on the other side of it was a beautiful meadow. a vista that could bring a smile and joy to anyone.

"wow," mike enjoyed the sight. "should we cross... or?"

"we can try." will smiled excitedly.

for the next short moment, will and mike found any sturdy branches they could and placed them tightly together next to a fallen-over tree.

"ill go first." mike offered, seeing the slight hesitation will had as he stood in front of makeshift bridge.

will nodded and moved out of the way. mike crossed easily with perfect balance and turned around to watch will repeat his actions, but will was still hesitant to move.

mike outstretched his arms, offering his hands to help will across. "c'mon, will. its pretty over here."

will grabbed mike's hands for extra security as he took his steps across. once he reached his last step, the branches twisted which caused him to stumble into mikes comforting, securing embrace.

mike pulled away and looked upon the field in front of themselves, smiling. it wasn't obvious, but will thought he might've caught a glimpse of a pale-red painted across his cheeks.

will ran into the field, kneeling on the ground as he plucked the vibrant flowers, putting together combinations of colors he found intriguing.

mike sat next to him with one leg bent which he rested his arm on. he watched will intently. he saw the boy toss aside a blue flower that he didn't think went well with the others.

mike picked it up and studied the flower before brushing will's hair slightly and placing the flower behind his ear.

will looked up at mike. his features looked soft, the bright eyes and smooth lips were enchanting. mike smiled once again.

"it looks good. maybe blue is your color." mike said without thinking twice.

will blushed and looked away shyly. mike giggled and began twirling the long grass between his fingers as will went back to his flowers.