Chapter Seven

I took half of the hollow in me.

I know, that's confusing. But Hope and I found a way to save her family. The hollow was to much for her, so I took half.

"The curse that plagued our family for seven years has taken its toll on all of us. On our city. On our home. On our family. The consequences of us being together were grave, but today, thanks to you, we celebrate a new beginning. One in which we have the freedom to stand side by side. And whatever trials may come, we will face them together, as a family." Klaus said.

I grinned as best as I can. I haven't been acting like myself since mom's funeral. I ate some of my breakfast.

"Would you please pass the beignets?" Hope looked at Freya.

"Oh, I want one." My eyes got wide.

Freya laughed, handing the plate over. I hurriedly grabbed two before Hope could. Hope rolled her eyes, but I could see was happy to see the old me. Hope grabbed one.

I moaned as I took a big bite of one of the beignets. "So good. I think I'm in love."

"Oh, is Nicholas here?" Hope glanced around.

I paused, shooting her a look. Klaus was curious, while Freya chuckled.

"Shut up!" I shoved her, lightly.

"So, Rebekah will be back in a few days. She's just tying up some loose ends overseas." Klaus changed the subject, which I'm glad he did.

Hope was still laughing to herself while I glared.

"It'll be good to have all of us under one roof again." Freya said.

At that moment is when Elijah Mikaelson walked in. The guy who was supposed to be in love with my mom, who would have been my step dad if the hollow never happened. The guy who got my mom killed.

"Good morning." Elijah looked nervous. "Obviously, there is a lot for us to discuss. Hope and Jackson, let me begin by telling you how truly sorry..."

Hope accidently used magic to bend her fork. I glared at the man, hearing whispers erupt in my mind. The necklace wasn't suppressing my banshee side anymore, because I fully came into my powers. It was hard to understand them, but hearing them is never good. I didn't know what it meant.

"Thanks for breakfast, guys but we have homework to catch up on." Hope stood up.

I followed after Hope, not looking at anyone.

~~~~~~~

I'm alone. Officially alone. Sure, I have Hope and I want to believe we are forever. I love Hope so much. But I also thought mom and I were forever, but then she was killed. Murdered. She sacrificed herself for Hope and I. I can never get that image out of my head. Sometimes I want everything to be over. I lost so many people. Dad, grandma Mary, Henry, the Mikaelson's but we found a way to get them back, and then mom. It hurts.

But then I remember everyone that I still have, it might not be much but still. There's Josie, Alaric and Caroline they were nice to me, hell, even Lizzie, the Mikaelson's except for Elijah, because I'm still mad, Hope, and then Nicholas.

Nicholas, the man of the hour. He's been texting me to see how I am. I think I'm falling even harder for him. But I'm to scared to get to close to someone. I'm like a curse. People die around me. Maybe that's why I'm called the harbinger of death.

I groaned, closing my journal as voices invaded my head. They were a mix between the hollow and being a banshee. I couldn't understand them. But I knew, something was coming. Something bad.