The Speech

Anirudh's P. O. V

And the Winner for The Best Lyricist Award goes to...
Anirudh Ravichander for Phir Bhi Tumko Chaunga....

The whole place were echoed by claps. I stood up from my seat and walked towards the steps.. I touched the floor of the stage and seeked blessings before stepping on it.. There, he was waiting. With my award.. Just imagine, receiving an award from your role model... Isn't that a dream come true..

I took his blessings and he hugged me and said "You‘re making me proud My Boy" and I just hugged him like a child.. The emcee distracted our moment but I have to thank him.. If he had never asked that question, I would have not knew about what My Guru is thinking about me..

EMCEE: So, receiving an award from your Guru. I don't know how special is this moment to you but Imust say, it is really special and more precisely a pleasure to all our view. Both the Versatile Star and Rockstar are standing together on the stage. Anirudh I'll come back to you in awhile but now I have something to ask from your Guru. Sir, how is it and what is the feeling of presenting an award to your student.

He stylishly took the microphone from me and said

ARR: Hi. First of all Ellam Pugalum Iraivanuke..

That one phrase was enough for me to melt.

ARR: I'm really happy to present this Award to Ani.. As you said, this moment is very special to me because Ani has made me proud by achieving the Best Music Director Award at BehindWoods MS Vishwanathan Gold Medal for Next Gen Music Director, and the Social Media Summit and Awards(SMSA) for Music Sensation on Social Media last year.. And not only as a music director, now his receiving an award for Best Lyricist. A genre that took me very long to step into.. You're really brave to do that Ani..

ANIKA: Wait. Did he really say that??

ANIRUDH: Yes!!! Then he gave me the award and I started my speech by thanking all of them and Rahman sir for presenting me the award and...

ANIKA: Wait!! Wait!! Wait!! Wait!!

ANIRUDH: Why what happen?

ANIKA: Is this the way you're supposed to tell What happened? Tell it properly na..

ANIRUDH: You want to listen to my speech in detail?

ANIKA: Yes..

ANIRUDH: Okay then, it goes like this. I took the microphone and greeted the audience first.

Good evening everyone, Thank you jury for this honor and for giving me this award, it makes me feel great on being rewarded for the hard work that one does.

I am grateful to everyone who has always been a part of my journey, from my family to friends, from my Guru, Mr. A. R. Rahman to my team and everyone. It is a pleasure to witness this beautiful moment in the presence of you all. On stage it is me who is taking over this award but on backend there are many people along with the great power of god who have enabled me to put in efforts and make me capable of getting this award. Each one of you has enabled me to bring the ideas into reality. My strength always increased on dealing with the challenges and overcoming them.

I cannot thank god enough for making my existence fruitful and ensuring that my focus drives through dedication throughout the deeds that I do for myself and the people related to me. This award is a symbol of the blessings that I have received during my journey till now. I am grateful of having held this award as a return towards my attempt towards my tasks with utmost purity and dedication.

I still remember when Mithoon called me and told that I had to write the lyrics of this song.. And I was like okay Mithoon I‘ll do it.. But when he said that it was a duet and I had to write both the male amd female part, I was not ready to do it.. I told that to him and he was like "Oh C'mon.. Don‘t say that.. You can do it Ani.. And for his sake I tried many times on the female part but miserably failed.. So I just mailed him the Male part of the song hoping that he won't be mad at me for what I did.. Right after 2 weeks Mithoon called me and told that "Ani the song is ready and it‘s mind-blowing.. I was like 'What? This guy isn't mad at me?'.. I was curious about his reaction so I decided to listen to the song. When