Is She Fine?

Anika's P. O. V.

At last.. I'm feeling safe.. All I needed was these.. Yes! Y'all heard it well.. These....... My Lakshmi Ma who's caressing my head while I'm on her lap, My Ravi Pa who's updating all the family news, My Vaishu Anni who's serving me juices, fruits and etc, My friend cum Kolanthiyar who's serving me medicines, My kutty Araav and Araavi who are playing carefully with my baby bump, My Abhi Anne who just came back after buying me a dappa of red velvet ice-cream (I was craving!), My Iyappa Anne who's cracking mokka jokes to make me laugh, and last but surely not the least, My husband who's silently admiring me gaining all this happiness.. What more could a girl ask for.. This is beyond happiness for me actually.. No stressing, No fear!! It's just love filled all over around me and that is amazing..

It was a surprise visit.. I knew that they were coming to Delhi as my Bangle Ceremony is going to be celebrated here, but my sweet naughty husband said that they'll only reach here tomorrow and that they'll straight away come to the ceremony venue.. I was disappointed.. Through out the journey from the hospital to the hotel, I didn't even talk to him.. I knew that it was unnecessary but C'mon, I'm angry so I have to show it off.. Ughhh.. I don't know since when I became such a drama queen!!! Nevermind...

As we reached the hotel, I unbuckled that annoying seat belt and swiftly opened the car door.. I tried to come out all by myself..

ANIRUDH: Niku.. Konjom iru.. Naan vareh..

ANIKA: Enakku poga theriyum.. Yaarode help'um thevai ille..

I turned and tried again but failed to to do it by myself.. I knew that he was going to mock me terribly.. Before he could even utter a word, I turned to him..

ANIKA: Athan mudiyale nu theriyuthu le.. Vanthu help panname okanthu parthukitu irukinge.. Avaloo akareiya yen mele? Ithe naan veetle iruntha ellarum Enna yeppadi parthupange theriyuma? Unge Kuda ondiya vanthu naan kashtam thaan padren.. Enakku Oru Ceremony um vendam.. Inike tickets book pannunge, Nambe Chennai ku kelamburom..

I shouted to him for not helping me.. But logically speaking, I told him I can do it by myself.. Urghhhh... Anika!!!!!!

Through out my dramatic dialogue, all my husband did was smiling at me generously.. Once I was done taunting him, he got down from the driver seat and came to my side.. He helped me got out of the car and gave the keys to the valet parking guy and just turned to me and said..

ANIRUDH: Polam ah?

While smiling!!!

What??? That's all!!! Polam ah?? No other reaction?? Like seriously???

How sweet of him.. Kovam eh varamatingithu.. Ana Nambe nalle thaan Nalla pondatti ah irukave mudiyathe.. Yedatcho kevalama sollitu poidanume.. No matter how much he shines in front of us, we wives can never control our anger.. Avalo thimiru nambaluku..

I just glared at him while he was smiling cutely at me.. We reached our room and all I wanted to do after entering the room was.. "Ivane vilunthu kadikirathe seri!!" But all my Evil Anika Plans was washed away as Ani opened the door..

Suprise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They shouted.. I was extremely happy.. And I cannot explain that feeling.. The first thing I did was hugging all of them together...

IYAPPAN: Aiyooo.. Anika.. Pathu ma, baby eh idichira porom..

I didn't listen to Iyappan Anne.. I was like Araav and Araavi.. So happy.. So so so happy..

I was so into everyone that I didn't even talk to Ani after that.. Note to myself; You're a bad wife Anika..

After spending about 7 hours, everyone went to their respective rooms.. Our rooms were at the same level.. So it is easy for me to call them during midnight to spend some time with them.. They left and our room was back to normal.. Just me and Ani.. It was kinda dirty as all the plastic cups were here and there, so Ani started cleaning up... Strange!! Ani didn't even speak a word even after they all went.. I was feeling sad that I kinda overreacted.. "Not kinda.. Nee nallave overreact pannite.." I sat on the bed for few minutes, hoping that he would come to me.. But he was just minding he's business.. So it is clear that he's mad at me.. "Pochi Anika.. You made him angry.. Theveiya ithu unaku??" I didn't know what to do.. I just took my night clothes and went into the washroom to shower.. I entered the washroom and faced myself in front of the mirror..