Chapter Twelve

Another day gone.

One day to go.

Jades excitement was already building. She couldn't wait to be free again. Free from Cheverston, her parents, everyone.

She could just picture herself on a beach side, drinking a coconut out of a straw, staring at the beautiful sunset.

If only she were there now.

She hid Hannah's keycard in her pillow case. She would've spilt open her mattress and hid it in there but the camera in the room ruined her plan.

Hannah came in at eight o'clock sharp with breakfast. Today she was having eggs and toast.

Hannah set down the tray, peering around the room curiously. "Have you seen my card any where?"

Jade shook her head. "No, sorry."

Hannah sighed deeply, handing Jade her breakfast. Jade nibbled on her toast, watching Hannah closely.

Once Jade finished, she got up, putting the plate back on the tray as Hannah began to search through Jades bed.

Jades heart rate picked up as she began to check underneath the pillowcase.

Hannah shook her pillow many times and Jade could see the edge of the card hanging out of the pillowcase.

Jade panicked and glared at Hannah, snatching the pillow away, quickly stuffing the card up her covered hand.

"What do you think your doing?" Jade set down her pillow, making sure the card was secure in her sweater. It was so far up her sleeve it felt as if it was about to drop out of her top. "Think I stole it? Do you?"

Hannah narrowed her eyes suspiciously. "I wouldn't be surprised if you did."

Hannah tore apart the bed, searching under it and everything. She quickly fixed it, narrowing her eyes suspiciously at her.

Jade could feel the card slowly slipping down her sweater. Cold sweat ran across her forehead as she stared at Hannah.

Hannah came face to face with her and scrutinised her from head to toe. "I'm going to pat you down and if I find that you stole it, there will be trouble."

Hannah began to pat Jade down and as she reached Jades sweater the card slipped from underneath it.

She quickly covered the card with her shoe as Hannah continued her search.

Hannah frowned, stepping away. "I must of lost it in the corridor somewhere."

Jade gave her a cold look. "Than go find it instead of accusing me."

Hannah said nothing and walked away with the tray. Once the door shut with a soft click, Jade let out a sigh of relief.

That was a close one

She turned her back to the camera and quickly picked up the card, examining it under the tip of her sleeve, looking for any sort of damage.

There was a slight scratch on it but nothing more. She'd have to find another spot later.

~
Jade sat in the support group, alone. She'd hadn't seen Cheverston all day which made her suspicious.

Was he finally recognised and brought to the police?

Was he dead somewhere in a ditch?

If he was caught, would she be getting out of here?

She prayed that all three were true, mostly Cheverston being dead so he couldn't escape his life time sentence in prison.

Dr. Quinn went around the group as usual, asking everyone what their problems were and why they had them problems.

Jade didn't particularly like sharing her problems. She's more of a personal person and would like to keep it that way.

"So, Jade," Dr. Quinn's voice brought her back down to earth. Jade looked up at the smiling woman before her. "Are you doing any better from the last meeting?"

"What do you think?" Jade couldn't help herself, she couldn't hold herself back anymore from being rude or ignorant towards others.

Dr. Quinn let out a small sigh. "Talking does help you know," she gestured towards the brunette boy who fidgeted nervously with his hands. "Joshua is doing a lot better than he was before. Talking helped him."

"Good for him." Jade replied, not entirely caring.

Dr. Quinn sighed through her nose. "Do you have anything at all you would like to share or say with the group?"

Jade looked up from her broken brittle nails and smiled at her. "Yes, I do actually."

Dr. Quinn smiled at last. A couple of people shifted uncomfortably in their seats. "I really don't give a fuck about anyone else's problems."

Dr. Quinn's smile disappeared quickly. "Jade, May you please go back to your room while I finish up the session."

Jade smiled at her, getting up. "Gladly."

A doctor escorted Jade to her room and quickly shut it after her. She threw herself on her bed, staring up at the ceiling.

Time seemed to go slower than usual. It was only midday and it felt like five o'clock.

She was just desperate to escape.

~
Cheverston infiltrated the room with a broad smirk spread across his face.

Jade narrowed her eyes. "Where have you been?" "Not that I care." She added.

Cheverston only smiled. "You'll have a change of attitude once I'm done with you."

Jade glowered at him. Her mood was going from bad to worse and she was fit to punch him.

Cheverston pulled aside the chair and sat down, legs spread open as usual. He only grinned at her.

Jade narrowed her slits. "What are you so happy about?"

Cheverston let out a satisfied sigh, leaning forward in his chair, his smirk growing wide.

"We're going to play a game."

At those words Jades stomach twisted into multiple knots

Sorry for not updating! As usual. Anyways I'm sadly back at school :( but I'll try to update when I can :)