18 - "I am not giving you a choice darling."

Diya was in the library. She was reading through the titles on the bookshelf in the economics section. They had a project to complete.

She jumped in fright when a hand touched her shoulder.

She turned around only to find Rohit.

"Relax. It's just me," he said.

"You scared me."

"I'm far from scary."

"But you in the library is definately scary." She laughed and turned back to searching for the right book.

"The librarian is going to be surprised. I have visited the library much more times in this month than in the past two years."

"That's good then."

"Also this is the only place where I find you." Rohit added.

"If you have forgotten we have a project to complete." She glanced at him.

"And maybe you too have forgotten that we are in a play and Mrs Sneha called us for rehearsals at Three."

"No." She stepped back and turned to face him. "I haven't forgotten about that. There's still time right?" She lifted her wrist to check the time on her watch. 2:40. It read. "Ohh... Let's go... I'll just get my bag."

"Hold on a minute." He stepped before her blocking her way.

"What?"

"You haven't told me yet."

"Haven't told you what?" She frowned.

"That you like me."

"I am your girlfriend already. Do I need to say more?"

"I want to hear it from your mouth."

"What if I don't say it?"

"I am not giving you a choice darling." He said slowly.

He started taking slow steps towards her making her walk backwards. She looked into his eyes. His gaze was so intense and dreamy.

"We will be late for the rehearsals." She tried to make an excuse in order to escape the situation.

"Then you better hurry, my dear and say those words."

Her back touched the shelf and she let out a small gasp. He placed his left hand against the wall over her head.

He leaned forward closer to her and whispered. "Don't you like me Diya?"

She could feel her heart racing in her chest. His face was so close to hers and the proximity was making her nervous. She could smell his musky scent.

But the very next moment he backed up. He stood up straight and took a step back. "I really need to know if you like me Diya." He mentioned clearly. "Because if you don't then there's no point in us being together... Anyway leave it. Let's go..."

He just shook his head and turned to leave. But she held his hand and stopped him.

"I like you Rohit..." Diya expressed. The corners of his mouth turned upward in a smile. 

She continued. "Since the moment we have been interacting, I have felt a certain attraction to you. I like the attention you give me. I appreciate the efforts you took to convince me to go out on a date... And there's something different about you too. You may have flirty comments rolling off your tongue. But I enjoy when you say them for me. You may be the heartthrob of this college. But I am happy to know that I have a special place in your heart. I like you Rohit. And just like you I too am a part of this relationship."

"Wow!" He was stunned for a moment. "I just wanted to hear those three words. But I am so happy you told me all of this." He pulled her into a hug. It was the first time she had professed her feelings and he felt overjoyed.

Their moment was interrupted by his mobile ringing. He fished it out from his pocket and accepted the call. As he spoke Diya walked out of the aisle. She stopped at the table to pack her bag.

"It was Gaurav." Rohit stood beside her. He had a smug smile on his face. "We are late for rehearsals."

Rehearsals was much more fun for them since they had got together. During the short breaks Mrs Sneha gave them, Rohit flirted with Diya. He held her hand and rubbed her palm with his thumb. He looked at her with a broad smile. And when she blushed he smirked feeling a sense of pride within himself.

"Stop it." She hissed. "Don't look at me like that."

"Then? Should I look at someone else?"

She smacked his arm while he let out a chuckle.

"Rohit, Diya." Mrs Sneha called out.

They both walked off the stage towards her.

"The part of Rosaline and Romeo is ends here. Just a little bit of the dance practice is left, which we will do occasionally."

"Okay ma'am."

"Diya, your role is over. You did very well... You don't need to come at every rehearsal now."

"Ma'am," Rohit said. "Are you sure her role is over?"

Diya glared at him while Mrs Sneha gave him a weird look. She then turned to Diya. "I'll call you when needed. I'll pass the message through someone."

"Ok ma'am." Diya nodded. "Thank you."

"You two are dismissed now. Rohit, see you tomorrow." With a pointed finger at him she added. "And Rohit, you better be on time."

"I was on time today as well ma'am. But we arrived late because of Diya, She was wasting time in the library."

"Rohit." Diya gave him a glare. What nonsense are you saying? 

She felt like hitting him but restrained herself because of the teacher in front of them. On the other hand she could not defend herself in front of the teacher and reveal the actual reason for them to arrive late. He was the one cornering her and asking her questions.

"And why were you waiting for her?" Mrs Sneha asked. "Don't make excuses Rohit. Tomorrow Three O' Clock sharp." She ordered before turning around and walking away.

Diya smacked Rohit on his arm once the teacher was out of sight. "What nonsense were you saying huh?"

"Just the truth." He shrugged.

They walked out of the room arguing.

They stopped at the entrance of the building when Diya felt a tug on her hand. She looked at Rohit. She was turning left while he was to the right.

"Hostel is this way." She pointed.

"I know, but let's go get some ice-cream."

"Now?"

"Yeah." He glanced at his watch. "It's just Five."

"Not today. Economics and accounts homework."

"You can do that later."

"No... And don't you have it too?" She asked.

"Yeah. But I'll just copy from someone... Hey you know what we will ask Aayush." But his smile faltered when he noticed her grave expression.

"How can you do that? Copy?"

"How do you think I reached till college?"

"What? Seriously?"

"No. Naah. Not exams... Just homework. It's my policy you know. Make the efforts only once."

Rohit didn't admit that he copied during exams too. Diya was a girl of principles. And if he admitted the truth she would get disappointed which Rohit didn't want.

"Come, let's go to the library."

"Library? Craving for some more private moments?" He wriggled his eyebrows.

"No Rohit. We are going to do homework."

"Homework?" He frowned.

"Yes homework. Now come on." She pulled him back inside the building. But he was reluctant.

"How about we share an ice cream later?" She offered.

"Really?"

She nodded.

"The let's get over with this homework quickly." He said excitedly like a little kid.

***

It's a double update so please continue to read Chapter 19 - "Pizza?