41 - "Really?"

Rohit may have changed from his appearance. He seemed taller, leaner and he definitely looked more handsome than before. His shoulders looked firm and taut, which could be due to regular workout.

Rohit may have changes in his expressions. His expressions most of the times used to be playful, with his sparkling eyes and a mischievous smirk. He now gave intense gazes. And he even got new spectacles, which made him look even more sharp and handsome. His lips were seen to be in a flat line, hardly ever smiling. But even then to her, his gaze with those beautiful brown eyes still made her week in her knees.

He may have hardly spoken to her since the time they met after his return. But still, every time he spoke, he was to the point and frank.

Just as he cleared himself the night two days back.

As she stepped out of Firaaq's Farm house then, Diya noticed Rohit was indeed waiting in his car at the entrance. She walked to the passenger side and got in. He was typing on his mobile.

"Add your address." He passed her the mobile without even looking at her.

"Don't you remember?" She asked as she typed her address.

"Why should I?" He started the car.

Opposite to his words he actually remembered the address. But he did not want to tell her that. He did not want her to assume anything.

She started the GPS and placed his mobile in the stand. He then began driving.

"So, how are you?" She tried to begin a conversation.

"Good."

"How was London?"

"Good."

"How was the experience at college in London?"

"Good."

"How was it working at a firm there?"

"Good."

"How is the taste of raw pumpkin?"

"Good."

"Really?" She asked trying to stifle a laugh.

"Huh?" He glanced at her. He tried to recollect the question and realised his foolishness. He mentally face palmed himself.

She laughed and hit his arm playfully. "Your expression... It's so funny... And it's so cute."

Cute? There was a time when he yearned to listen such comments from her. But now these comments meant nothing to him. Because he knew that these comments were not true.

He noticed her take off her heels. She then bought her legs up and sat cross legged on the seat. "I hope you don't mind." She said.

He did not reply. He understood what she was trying to do. She was just trying to get his attention. But he decided to pay no heed to her at all.

She began speaking briefly about her life. She too had pursued a master's degree in business from one of the prestigious colleges in Mumbai. She had also began taking classes to learn more about guitar. Post her course she began working in her family business. The first year she took to understand the different departments. The functioning, the dependence with other departments, the employees and so on. She had began with working on a project under her uncle.

Although he did not glance at her even once and he tried to show as if he was least interested in her, he did intently listen to her. In his mind he, did like listening to her voice again. Her voice was sweet and silvery.

She had indeed changed though. In her younger days, she was always hesitant to wear such revealing clothes. She used to always stick to jeans and tops or dresses which reached till her knee at least. But here she was seated beside him in a fancy top and shorts which showed her smooth, sleek and beautiful legs.