I Dont Care

Emily's P.O.V

"Do you need anything else?" I look over at Pete who say down on the other side of the bed.

"Well, can I ask you a question?"

"Of course."

"Where did Ryder go? What happened to that one guy?" I stare at him in desperation.

"Were not really sure. Patrick has been trying to get a hold of Ryan but he never answers. I'm pretty sure Ryder is ok though," I crawl out from under my covers and sit beside him. I wrap my arms around his waist and rest my head on his shoulder.

"I'm sorry."

"No sweetie. Its not your fault. Nothing is your fault," he pulls me onto his alp so I'm straddling him. And I will tell you, it does feel a bit weird.

"Are you going to tell me yet?" I lay my head on his shoulder so I'm facing his neck.

"Are the other boys here?" He mutters a quiet no and shakes his head.

"Ok, well lets start from the beginning."

*Flashback*

"Your a horrible mother. You cant even take care of your child," I sit on the floor with my doll as mommy and daddy fight again.

"Maybe if you would help me and not work all the time, maybe she would be a better daughter."

"What do you want me to do? You know what......we are leaving," daddy picks me up and I giggle because I love car rides.

"Where we go dada?" He rests me on his hip as he opens the door to put me in my booster seat.

"We are going on a trip for awhile," he starts the car and drives off into the dark.

*Flashback*

"She committed suicide ten minuets after we left," I wasn't even crying. I dont need to be crying. It was her fault.

"Nobody knew until they found her body. She was cheating on my father, before I was even born. She did drugs and got drunk when my father was home," he lifts my head up and caresses my cheek as he stares in my eyes.

"I dont really care, she was a horrible mother," I rest my head back on his shoulder and continue my story.

*Flashback*

"I need you to sign here, here, and here," the fat lady at the front says pointing to a peice of paper. Daddy signs the paper and sets me down as tears start to run down his face.

"Daddy loves you, you know that right?" I nod my head and grab his hand. He smiles and kisses my knuckles.

"Daddy is going away for awhile. So you are going to stay with this nice lady," I look over at the big lady smiling at me. A little girl pops out from behind her legs. She smiles at me and I smile back.

"I love you Emily," he lets go of my hand and slowly walks towards the exit.

"I Rebecca," the little girls says pulling me into a hug.

"Emily," I say hugging back even though I didn't know her.

"Rebecca, why dot you show Mrs.Emily here her bedroom," ye lady smiles at me before walking away. Rebecca grabs my hand and pulls me towards the never ending stairs.

"When is daddy coming back?" I ask.

"I don't know, my daddy hasn't come back yet."

*flashback ends*

Pete doesn't say anything, he just stays quiet and continues to rub my back.

"When did you start?" I'm confused at first but then I figure out what he's referring to.

"When I was ten. The day I found out my father was never coming back."

"Why didn't you stop?"

"It makes me feel numb. Almost like a drug. It made me forget about all the bad things. We all crave something bad but some of us crave something that could kill us, and we are ok with that." I pulls away from me and lifts up my sleeves. I'm about to ask what he's doing but I'm stopped when the tears come running down my face.

He slowly but carefully bends down and kisses everyone of my scars making sure none of them are left untouched.

And then it all occurs to me. I don't need to be worrying about my father when I have four dads right here that care for me.

And I'm pretty sure when Pete looks back up at me, his eyes light and glossy, that all the bad things leave my body.