Chapter 3

You wake up feeling refreshed. You had managed to sleep well that night and somehow you didn't have any night terrors about "It". You went to the bathroom to change into your gi, brush your teeth, and get ready for the day ahead. After you ate you headed to the locker area, you didn't have much in terms of equipment, but you did have a small bag of Senzu Beans if you or anyone else got hurt. As you closed your locker door, you saw Ruby and Yang talking to each other.

(Y/N): " Hey you guys! "

Yang: " Hey (Y/N)! "

Ruby: " Hello! "

(Y/N): " So, are you both ready for initiation? "

Ruby: " Just about. "

Yang: " Hey (Y/N), where's your weapon? "

Ruby: " Didn't he already tell you? He fights using ki. "

Yang: " WH- I thought you would still use a weapon. You can't be out there fighting Grimm with your bare hands, you'll get hurt! "

(Y/N): " I told you, i've trained for this. "

Yang looks at you like you're crazy. You hear a commotion behind her to see Jaune pinned to a locker by a spear, and right as that happens, the P.A system begins to speak.

P.A.: " Will all first year students please report to Beacon Cliff for initiation, I repeat, will all first year students please report to Beacon Cliff for initiation. "

The girl that threw the spear pulls the spear out of Jaune's hoodie and says " It was nice to meet him " as she walks off.  You, Yang, and Ruby walk over to Jaune.

Yang: " Having some trouble there lady-killer? "

Jaune: " I don't understand, my dad said all women look for is confidence! Where did I go wrong? "

Yang: " Snow angel probably wasn't the best start. "

She walks off while you and Ruby help Jaune up.

Ruby: " Come on Jaune, let's go. "

5 minutes later

You were up on Beacon's Cliff overlooking the Emerald Forest with an odd number of people to the left and right of you on launch pads with Glynda and Ozpin talking you through the initiation test. 

Ozpin: " For years you have trained to become warriors, and today, your abilities will be evaluated in the Emerald Forest. "

Glynda: " Now, i'm sure many of you have heard rumors about the assignment of teams. Welp, allow us to put an end to your confusion. Each of you will be given teammates, today. "

You heard Ruby say something to herself. 

Ozpin: " These teammates will be with you for the rest of your time here at Beacon, so it's in your best interest to be paired with someone with whom you can work well. "

Ruby then says something else to herself.

Ozpin: " That being said, the first person you make eye contact with after landing will be your partner for the next four years. "

Ruby: " WHAT! "

????: " I told you! "

Ozpin: " After you partnered up, make your way to the northern end of the forest. You will meet opposition along the way. Do not hesitate to destroy everything in your path, or you will die. "

You smirk at this. 

Ozpin: " You will be monitored and graded for the duration of the initiation, but our instructors will not intervene. You will find an abandoned temple at the end of the path containing several relics. Each pair must choose one and return to the top of the cliff. We will regard that item, as well as your standing, and grade you appropriately. Any questions? "

You raise your hand.

(Y/N): " There's an odd number of people, how can there be pairs if there is one extra person? "

Ozpin: " Oh, that's right. There will be one team of three, we can choose someone randomly, or someone can volunteer. The only drawback is not being a part of the team name. "

(Y/N): " Well, i'll volunteer then. "

Ozpin: " Ok, well with that settled, any more questions? "

Jaune starts to ask a question, but Ozpin seems to ignore him as he wanted to start. 

Ozpin: " Take your positions! "

You get ready as you begin to see people getting launched into the forest at blistering speed. 

Jaune begins to ask more questions about the landing as more and more students get launched into the air. Then mid-question, Jaune gets launched directly in the air, and last but not least, you get sent flying. 

(Y/N): " WHOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO! "

You begin to fly towards where Ruby is planning on landing, something told you she wanted someone she knew and not the White Haired Girl that was berating her yesterday about her accident. A short time later you land with your knees bent on impact with the ground creating a small crater.

(Y/N): " Jesus, superhero landing really does do a total on your legs. " 

You hear the growing of Grimm in the distance and then an explosion. You get there in an instant to see Ruby and The White Haired Girl trying to defend themselves from a horde of Grimm while the both of them were arguing as a tree was burning. As The White Haired Girl was saying something a Grimm charged her from behind while she wasn't paying attention.

(Y/N): " LOOK OUT! "

You waste no time throwing a punch straight into the side of the Beowolf's face, causing the beowolf's head to get ripped from its shoulders. 

(Y/N): " GO, I'LL MEET UP WITH YOU ALL IN A MINUTE! "

Ruby nods, grabs the White Haired Girl, and uses her semblance to get them both out of there. You dispatch another three Beowolves with a combination of kicks and punches. A bunch of them charged you all at once and you used your ki to send them flying back into trees and their branches to kill the rest of them. You then noticed that the fire was intensifying, so you ran in the direction the Ruby ran in to see if you could find your two teammates.