Avengers Civil War: Clash of the Avengers

While waiting for his cue from Iron Man to join the fight, Spider-Man secretly filmed the standoff from some distance away, excitedly capturing Iron Man along with other members of the Avengers. While he was also wondering who Black Panther was as he was currently standing alongside the Avengers, Iron Man then gave Spider-Man the cue to come out, much to Spider-Man's great excitement.

Spider-Man quickly put down his phone and swung to the standoff, by stripping Captain America of his shield with all his webbing while also binding his hands together, but had quickly become distracted at the sight of the Avengers who he had admired for so long, much to Iron Man's annoyance since he told Spider-Man to stop talking and instead focus onto their mission. Iron Man and Captain America had continued to argue about the Sokovia Accords as Spider-Man looked on, keeping the shield so Captain America was at a disadvantage.

However, Spider-Man was surprised by Ant-Man, who had managed to sneak onto the shield and kick him in order to return the shield to Captain America. As the Avengers began to fight each other, Spider-Man asked Iron Man what he was supposed to do. Iron Man had told Spider-Man to keep his distance and use his Web-Shooters against Captain America and his companions, as he did not want to hurt any of them or Spider-Man himself during the fight against the Avengers.

Spider-Man then followed Falcon and Winter Soldier in the airport terminal building by ascending onto and crawling along the outside windows, much to the great confusion of both. Spider-Man had then proceeded to smash his way through the glass and knocked Falcon to the ground with a hard kick, turning upon Winter Soldier to stop his punch, though he became fascinated by his metal arm, calling it awesome, as Winter Soldier was confused by the statement.

This momentary distraction allowing Falcon to tackle him and fly into the air while Spider-Man wrestled him, trying to insist that he would take Falcon into custody somehow as they continued to wrestle in midair. While Spider-Man swung through the airport terminal in pursuit of Falcon, he sensed the Winter Soldier had just thrown something at him, allowing Spider-Man to barely dodge out of the way before then throwing it back towards the Winter Soldier.

During a battle against Falcon, Spider-Man managed to use his webbing to damage the EXO-7 Falcon, causing Falcon to crash land before Spider-Man then webbed him up to some hand railings in the terminal building, but became distracted, this time by his wingsuit, as Spider-Man began wondering if they were made from carbon fiber as he had rambled about the sophistication of the harness, much to Falcon's irritation as he noted he should not talk as much.

As Winter Soldier tried to intervene, Spider-Man was able to trap him and Falcon in his webbing, knocking them both onto the ground floor below, taking them out of the fight for the time being. As he began to apologize for their fight, Spider-Man was caught off-guard and was snatched away by Redwing, which grappled his leg and flew through a window, dropping him outside while Falcon and the Winter Soldier had then escaped the webbing while Spider-Man was gone.

Unfazed by his defeat, Spider-Man rejoined his fellow teammates as they lined up against Captain America's own team in a brief standoff, with the Vision trying to divide the pair with a powerful beam which was fired from the Mind Stone. When the two teams began charging straight towards each other, Spider-Man had initially thought that Rogers' team would back down, but Iron Man noted that they would not back down from a fight either as they all began running.

As he charged into battle with the rest of his team, Spider-Man briefly fought with Scarlet Witch as he fired his Web-Shooters at her while dodging the cars she threw back in return and evading Hawkeye's various trick arrows before Hawkeye had then ignored Spider-Man in order to fight against the Black Widow. Spider-Man then just swung across the airport dodging whatever Scarlet Witch threw at him in an attempt to assist Iron Man's fight against the opposing team.