Conflict with Vulture: Tracking the Vulture

Despite his talk with Tony Stark, Peter still began investigating into his new adversary. He had told Ned Leeds about his own terrifying encounter with Vulture and his discovery of their Chitauri Energy Core which had been left behind in the wake of the recent chase all across the streets with Jackson Brice. While Ned expressed his delight at merely being a part of this situation, Peter used a hammer to break the core, as Barry Hapgood advised his students to keep their fingers clear of the blades, while Peter and Ned agreed on what to do next before doing their own tradition handshake.

Once they had spent some time examining the Chitauri power core which Leeds could only think to call their glowy thingy, they had then encountered Herman Schultz and Randy Vale who had both arrived while they were still searching for the core through Midtown School of Science and Technology. While Peter dragged Ned out of the way, he explained that Schultz had attempted to kill him the night before alongside Jackson Brice. Although Ned insisted that they run and hide, Peter noted that by following them he could try and get a lead on Vulture, ignoring Ned's pleas as he attempted to follow Schultz and Vale, as they searched through the school.

Having eventually managed to convince a reluctant Ned to stay put beside Tiny McKeever's chess game for his safety, Peter followed Schultz and Vale during their search, as they then made their way into Hapgood's workshop where they had just been studying. Hiding underneath a table, Peter watched as Schultz and Vale eventually gave up their search and, as they were both leaving the school, Parker then fired his Spider-Tracer onto Schultz's shoe.

Returning to the Parker Residence together, Peter and Ned used the Tracer on Schultz's boot to begin following the gang's current movements as they made their way outside of New York City. While Leeds marveled at all the technology that Tony Stark had supplied Parker with, Peter himself passed the time by experimenting with the Spider-Signal and some of the other bits of tech all while Ned had still continued closely following Schultz's movements.

Eventually, while Ned was trying on the Spider-Man Mask and Peter was resting on the ceiling, they learned that Schultz and Vale had finally stopped in Maryland. While they discussed with Schultz and his gang had an evil lair, they discussed how they would get to Maryland, with Peter remembering that the Decathlon was taking place in Washington, D.C. so he could get a lift with their team who were heading out the next day for the Decathlon finals.