Final Test: Losing His Suit

Following the resolution of the Ferry incident, Parker sat on the outskirts of New York City and watched the people being rescued before Iron Man then approached him. He admonished him for his reckless actions that would have resulted in innocent people dying, but Peter countered that he tried to warn Tony of the danger of Vulture and his Criminal Crew, but Stark had simply refused to listen to him.

He further said that if Tony actually cared about the situation, then he would be here in person. Stark responded to this by stepping out of the Mark XLVII Armor and answered that he did listen to Parker. Tony told him that he was the only one who believed in him in spite of everyone else, including Happy Hogan, believing he had been crazy to recruit a kid and he was the one who tipped the FBI about Vulture and they would have succeeded if it wasn't for his' action.

Then Tony demanded the Spider-Man Suit back, but Peter tearfully protested and pleaded that the suit was all he had and that he was nothing without it. Stark then replied that if he was nothing without the suit, then he should not have it. Relenting, Parker stuttered that he has nothing else to wear if he takes off the suit, to which Stark told Parker he would take care of that. Before bringing him to the Parker Residence, he then bought Peter a shirt and pink pajamas.

Getting home, Peter found Aunt May frustrated and worried for him, as she explained how she had been calling everywhere for his's whereabouts, including police stations within New York City and the mother of Ned Leeds' as she had learned he had been skipping classes and detention before witnessing the incident on the Ferry on the news. Noting how she knew he left the hotel room in Washington, D.C. and snuck out their home each night but did not know why.

Desperate for answers, May demanded to know what he has been doing every night without her knowledge. In tears, Peter covered it up by explaining that the reason he had seemingly been rebelling was that he had lost the Stark Industries' Internship, claiming that despite how hard he had worked, he had managed to screw it up. While Peter sadly sat down, May believed his story and simply comforted her nephew, while Parker apologized for getting her so worried about him. May then finished their conversation by noting that she used to sneak out as well and recommending that he take a shower as she claimed he smelled like garbage.